PDA

View Full Version : Turners Smock

Greg Just
01-04-2011, 8:09 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a turners smock from the following company:

Lovell Workwear UK Ltd

They are obviously located in the UK and offer 3 different smocks. Any experience with the smocks and or the company would be appreciated.

Ron Bontz
01-04-2011, 9:38 PM
My spouse bought me a short sleeve one last x-mas from I don't know where. It's green and short sleeve. Says wood turner on it. Works ok. This year she got me a long sleeve one from Lee Vally. It says so on the chest.:D Helps keep me warm.

charlie knighton
01-04-2011, 9:41 PM
i looked at the pictures on web site, my sister made my smock, i had the sleeves mid lower arm, mistake, i had to fold the left sleeve back, it kept trying to ride the tool rest, not good, my sister altered the sleeves to above elbow

definitely need velcro neck band, pockets with covers, and a pencil holder

material depends on temperature and humidy , cotton fine for winter, nylon better for summer

most time in summer, i just turn my t-shirt backwards, with pocket on back, the neck area will ride up on your neck so you do not velcro

my sister embroyes and quitls so of course put woodturners club emblem on front with name, nickname etc

Jim Sebring
01-05-2011, 1:17 AM
Keep in mind that the Brits put the zipper in on the WRONG (girly) side ;-)

Bernie Weishapl
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I bought mine from the AAW and like it a lot. Yep, the Brits put the zipper on the wrong side.