PDA

View Full Version : Project Just Because

Mike Olson
01-04-2011, 9:17 AM
So i was reading through a catalog that I got in the mail a couple days ago and was shocked, i mean SHOCKED :eek: at the price for a cat stand. $800 + $115 freight shipping. Really??? That's a couple sticks, with some silk leaves stuck in it and a couple carpeted plywood shelves attached!!

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/11732

I don't really have the need for a cat stand but I'm thinking about building one just because I can say Look, i have a Cat stand that's worth almost $1000.

glenn bradley
01-04-2011, 9:34 AM
What? You've never seen a Sharper Image catalog ;-) Garret Wade seems to be moving in this direction ;-(

Bonnie Campbell
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
We can look at things like this and wonder who in their right minds would buy it.... but a lot of people have no crafting ability at all (or imagination). They WILL buy it without ever thinking about how little it would cost if they built it themselves.

John Shuk
01-04-2011, 5:55 PM
What? You've never seen a Sharper Image catalog ;-) Garret Wade seems to be moving in this direction ;-(
Brookstone started out very much a "Garrett Wade" type company.

Logan William
01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
And with a 4-6 week delivery time a lot of us could even manage to get it done in that time frame!