PDA

View Full Version : The proper way to eat a hard boiled egg

Dan Mages
01-07-2005, 11:33 PM
So who is right... the little-endians, or the big-endians?

John Miliunas
01-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Little, with a LOT of good horseradish and salt!:D :cool:

Rob Russell
01-08-2005, 8:09 AM
I vote "other".

Peel it under a bit of water, then - depending on mood - butter, salt and pepper or just plain.

Frank Pellow
01-08-2005, 8:19 AM
Grind it up, add onions, salad dressing, etc. and have it in a sandwich. :D

Glenn Clabo
01-08-2005, 8:36 AM
Since I’ve been known to be contrary anyway…I go against the Emperor and with the people. I am also a human and read numbers left to right…which also says I must vote "big-endian"…but let’s not start another holy war and just smack it in the middle, peel it, sprinkle a little salt and pepper...and pop in!

Tyler Howell
01-08-2005, 9:55 AM
Now your scaring me Dan. Bring the hippo back!

Bart Leetch
01-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Doggone it anyway just pull it out of the pickle jar & eat it. :D

Mark Singer
01-08-2005, 10:17 AM
High in cholesterol....just eat the white part...the yellow is good for the dogs. Nice on toast with a Latte...a little salsa....pepper...bacon...more cholesterol...Lipitor...eat the yellow too...chorizo...another Lipitor

Jerry Olexa
01-08-2005, 10:41 AM
I love hard boiled eggs But what is Big/Little endians ??:confused:

Bruce Page
01-08-2005, 11:34 AM
I love hard boiled eggs But what is Big/Little endians ??:confused:I'm with you Jerry, I don't have a clue. :o

Tyler Howell
01-08-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm with you Jerry, I don't have a clue. :oNot in Webster!

Glenn Clabo
01-08-2005, 1:31 PM
Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels"...started it...but computers weenies continued it.

Dan Mages
01-08-2005, 5:48 PM
Please excuse my silliness. For those who did not pick up on the nature of this post, check this out.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulliver%27s_Travels

Dan

Jim Dunn
01-08-2005, 7:31 PM
Break e'm open and eat e'm. Salt and pepper only.

Carl Eyman
01-08-2005, 9:08 PM
They don't taste right unless you crack them on your head before peeling them.

Chad Pater
01-08-2005, 9:26 PM
Please excuse my silliness. For those who did not pick up on the nature of this post, check this out.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulliver%27s_Travels

Dan

Ah thx for the clarification...
Who still eats them hard boiled? Fry them over-medium and eat them on toast with cheese and bacon.......mmmmmmmmmm bacon.

Bart Leetch
01-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Ah thx for the clarification...
Who still eats them hard boiled? Fry them over-medium and eat them on toast with chess and bacon.......mmmmmmmmmm bacon.

Chad

Would that be wood chess or plastic? :eek: :D

Kevin Beck
01-08-2005, 10:50 PM
We embedded software weenies spend a great deal of time worrying about endian-ness issues for software that is portable. I work on laser printer software (Postscript, PCL, etc.) that must work on any CPU that our company chooses to use (Pentium, PowerPC, etc.).

I've seen the graphical results of endian-ness problems so many times in my career that I can almost fix them in my sleep.

I'm not a particular CPU endian-ness advocate. I've heard arguments from various folks I have worked with over the years about the supposed advantage of either scheme but what it really always seems to be about is personal preference (sort of like woodworkers and their tools). I find big-endian CPU's more natural but that's probably because I started out with Motorolla 68xx CPU's. If I had started in the Intel world I probably would understand little-endian a little bit better. Well it gives us software nerds something to argue about other than coding styles (the really holy war of software).

Of course with hard-boiled eggs the little end is the only end to start with and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a little strange :D

Kevin

Chad Pater
01-09-2005, 4:12 AM
Chad

Would that be wood chess or plastic? :eek: :D

Doh! :( Well being a woodworking forum then wood of course otherwise glass or stone piece are nice....or taste good i guess.... :rolleyes: