PDA

View Full Version : Work Sharp Knife Sharpener

Ellen Benkin
01-03-2011, 1:20 PM
Has anyone tried this? They are backordered everywhere and I just ordered one from Rockler. How easy is it to sharpen kitchen knives?

David Castor
01-03-2011, 2:59 PM
I got one for Christmas. It's easy to use. You do have to change the little abrasives belts to switch grits, but it's pretty straightforward. Got the kitchen knives so sharp my wife keeps cutting herself. So far I like it.

Van Huskey
01-03-2011, 3:07 PM
I do not have the separate version but have the one that attaches to the WS 3000 but works basically the same way. It is not the best knife sharpening system I have ever used but it does a solid job and a GREAT job when I consider I got mine for $35 when Darex had the 50% sale. It takes a little bit of touch to get perfect but the learning curve is pretty short.

John Nesmith
01-03-2011, 3:14 PM
I also have the WS3000 attachment. Got it for Christmas. I used to use other methods, gave up and started taking my knives to a commercial kitchen store that does sharpening.

My Henckels are currently sharper than they have ever been.

Bryan Hopfensperger
01-03-2011, 3:16 PM
I've got one - it is a very easy to use gadget. Are there ways to get knives sharper? Sure. But this one's pretty much foolproof. We use it when filleting lots of fish and guys who couldn't sharpen a stick can sharpen their knives and keep going. A pretty handy gadget, IMO.

scott allen
01-03-2011, 5:33 PM
Got the kitchen knives so sharp my wife keeps cutting herself. So far I like it.

I can't be the only one that sees the humor in this...

Randy Moore
01-03-2011, 5:42 PM
I'd just hope and pray that she wouldn't turn it on me.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1600066#post1600066)

Got the kitchen knives so sharp my wife keeps cutting herself. So far I like it.

Paul Wunder
01-03-2011, 5:43 PM
I have the knife sharpener that installs on the WS2000. (all WS versions work the same way) Does a great job on kitchen knives. Sharpened my wife's 12 year old Wusthoff set that had never been sharpened. My wife is thrilled...says her knives are sharper than when new.