PDA

View Full Version : I pod touch and apps help

Dave Lehnert
01-02-2011, 9:25 PM
I try to use gift cards for things I would not buy myself. An I pod touch is on my short list. (Amazon Gift Cards)

First off I am not very familiar with one. I assume I can carry it with me and access the web through wifi at a restaurant or such to check e-mail????? Could I check in on Sawmill Creek and suf the web just like my laptop?

My biggest thing is I want to research what apps are available. Are apps for the I phone the same for the I Pod touch.? Can someone point me to the right direction on the list of apps available? I been searching but only find how great they are and such but not the apps individually to look at.

What apps do you find useful?

Steve knight
01-02-2011, 11:42 PM
yes you can use the ipod touch for all of that. make sure you get the newest generation though. one easy way to tell is it has a camera.
as far as apps there are so many to choose from it is not even funny. just use itunes and go to the app store and check them out. Most apps are not device specific unless they use something that the phone only has. it will show that under the price on the app.
but you have to give more of an idea of what you want to do with it. There is just about everything you can imagine and some you can't. myself I listen to books read books play a lot of games shop on ebay and amazon and all kinds of other things.
apps are pretty cheap for the most part so playing around is not a hardship

Brian Ashton
01-03-2011, 6:33 AM
I like my pod! It's pretty much the same as the iPhone 4 without the phone. Probably the best app so far has been FaceTime. But it only works with other ipod 4th gens or iPhone 4s. The next apps I have on mine are Quickoffice and Week Cal. You can access most Internet services as long as you can find an accessible wifi network. Bear in mind free wifi access points pose a significantly weak security point, not sure I'd be doing anything other than basic surfing or updating something like directions on the mapping program. Because an iPod doesn't have cell access there are no real gps features, you have to load the directions while connected to a wifi point.

Keith Outten
01-03-2011, 7:08 AM
There is a new App for accessing SawMill Creek via your droid, iphone, ipod touch or ipad. Aaron will most likely make an announcement sometime today concerning its use here.

Rod Upfold
01-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Myself...I like the app. "5-0 Radio"

I listen to police radio (the most active - Chicago Police)

You can listen to radio from around the world.

Rod