PDA

View Full Version : New Folder

Dean Fowell
01-01-2011, 7:38 PM
I just Laser cut a new Two pocket Folder that I send out to customers with a business card in it and a 6 inch laser engraved rule out of steel just putting it otgether today, I know you can buy these folders but I thought I could show off by cutting our own,

One Question I dont know what to do on the cover I thought Maybe a Laser Cut Decal ?

Any thoughts :D

Dee Gallo
01-01-2011, 8:04 PM
Dean,

A photo would be helpful, or at least a description of the type of customers you would be sending these to... there are a zillion possible suggestions!

Dean Fowell
01-01-2011, 8:07 PM
Hey Dee,

these will go to people who need Tags and UID Tags this is whaat we are going to do from now on small signs and plastic tags

Dee Gallo
01-01-2011, 9:33 PM
Here are 4 easy layouts to start with - depends on your "image" which way to go. Each of these appeals to a different style. You can attach a real tag if you like, people like samples they can examine.

Hope these give you some ideas for making your folder covers.

:) dee

Dean Fowell
01-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks Dee,

that will work, this will look good I will attach a name plate or tag as well

Thanks

Robert Walters
01-01-2011, 11:10 PM
If you are targeting from a specific list...
it wouldn't hurt to toss their company name on the sample, and a link to your website on the sample too.

"Acme Company
compliments of Affinity Lasers"

Darryl Jacobs
01-05-2011, 2:27 PM
I would also make something on the cover of the folder that they can punch out like a tag or "fold up something". You could use the top left hand sample that Dee provided and have it mostly cut out with some tabs so you pop out the item. You can also etch about half way through the folder to provide fold lines if you had something to fold up after it was punched out. I saw a sample here somewhere of a catapult business card that folded up into a spitwad catapult.

Darryl