PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Chances- bit of a do-over

Roger Chandler
01-01-2011, 1:35 PM
I could not let things stay as they were, after hollowing [blind] inside a small maple vase, and turning through the side. This morning went out to the shop [52 degrees here today!] and chucked up a piece of Ash, this time, and got a similar, but not exact replica of the one I posted in "pics of a stupid mistake."

Anyway, the finish is danish oil, applied while lathe spins, and buffed in.......short dry time and one coat of WOP.

Ya gotta' get back in the batter's box, or you'll never get a hit! ;)

John Keeton
01-01-2011, 1:53 PM
Roger, that sure is some nice, clear ash!! Made a very nice vase form, too!

I always thought that saying was - "You gotta' get back on that horse, or you'll never get bucked off again!!":eek::D

Roger Chandler
01-01-2011, 1:57 PM
Roger, that sure is some nice, clear ash!! Made a very nice vase form, too!

I always thought that saying was - "You gotta' get back on that horse, or you'll never get bucked off again!!":eek::D

I'LL take that from you! Cause most likely I will get bucked off again, even with my new Monster Articulated Hollowing rig!

Faust M. Ruggiero
01-01-2011, 1:58 PM
Roger,
Great come back. Nice vase. Ash is one of my favorites. Don't rush the Wipe on Poly over the oil. You want to make sure the oil is really dry before you top coat.
faust

Steve Schlumpf
01-01-2011, 5:45 PM
The vase looks pretty good to me but with the wood being so clear - would be a great candidate for experimenting with dyes! Ha Ha! Have fun!

Roger Chandler
01-01-2011, 6:14 PM
The vase looks pretty good to me but with the wood being so clear - would be a great candidate for experimenting with dyes! Ha Ha! Have fun!

Steve...............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p

I was doing just fine, till I read that, and now I can't seem to get it out of my head.........:eek:

Harry Robinette
01-01-2011, 6:55 PM
Roger
Don't let these guys get to ya.The vase is nice ...even with out and color..Ha Ha Ha
Harry

Roger Chandler
01-01-2011, 7:01 PM
I got snake bit the last time Steve pulled this stunt! But I did learn a new technique! ;):D

David E Keller
01-01-2011, 7:05 PM
Nice work on the non-funnel! Not to distract you further, but ash is great for wire brushing/texturing as well.

Roger Chandler
01-01-2011, 7:06 PM
Nice work on the non-funnel! Not to distract you further, but ash is great for wire brushing/texturing as well.

Piling on Doc? :rolleyes::D:D;)

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2011, 7:32 PM
Really nice HF Roger. You fall off the bike you gotta get back on.

David E Keller
01-01-2011, 8:49 PM
Piling on Doc? :rolleyes::D:D;)

Absolutely!