PDA

View Full Version : Digital magazines

ed vitanovec
12-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Are any of the major woodworking magazines available digitally which can be viewed on a tablet?

Thanks!
Ed

Jonathan Spool
01-01-2011, 1:24 AM
You mean the ones where all the projects automatically show up as Sketchup drawings?

ed vitanovec
01-01-2011, 8:38 PM
I am talking about the whole magazine in like PDF format, something you would download or have emailed to you. Just looking to see about going paperless on magazine subscriptions.

Thanks!
Ed

Derek Stockley
01-02-2011, 9:03 AM
fine woodworking publishes their archives on a dvd in PDF format if you're interested in their back issues. Also, if you subscribe to their website, you can grab the articles from the current edition in PDF format as soon as they mail it out.

Matt Winterowd
01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Popular Woodworking and Wood magazine also publish digital archives. I believe that Popular Woodworking publishes each issue as a standalone digital edition as well, but I don't think that there is a subscription service. American Woodworker also has an archive, but I really wouldn't recommend it. The quality of the scanning and the software is terrible.

Bryan Morgan
01-21-2011, 4:40 PM
They all do if you look around. Wood, Fine Woodworking, Shop Notes, Woodsmith, etc.

Victor Robinson
01-21-2011, 5:36 PM
FWW allows online subscribers to download PDFs. Pretty high quality - look great on a tablet.

For iPad users, check out an app called Papers. Sort of like iTunes for your PDFs - allows you to organize, search, read, etc. It's an app that is very handy to organize digital copies of scientific/medical journal articles and typically used in those fields, but also excellent for organizing digital magazine content.

art san jr
01-22-2011, 1:49 AM
They all do if you look around. Wood, Fine Woodworking, Shop Notes, Woodsmith, etc.

American Woodworker too.