PDA

View Full Version : What is this part from my G0514X2?

Burt Alcantara
12-31-2010, 6:25 PM
I've stuck this on the frame with a magnet and forgot about it. I've decided to find out what it is or throw it away since the saw does not seem to be missing it.

Thanks,
Burt

Brian Kent
12-31-2010, 6:37 PM
The table has a split in it that the blade goes through when you are changing blades. When the new blade is in place, you stick that part in a hole that includes both sides of the table split. It aligns the table parts together. Don't toss it.

Michael Heffernan
12-31-2010, 8:50 PM
Don't throw it away! Like Brian said, that is the table pin. You need to wedge this in to the hole where the table is split for blade changing, otherwise the table may not lay flat. Don't hammer it in, just work it in until it's tight in the hole.

Cary Falk
12-31-2010, 8:58 PM

glenn bradley
12-31-2010, 9:23 PM
Holy smokes Batman. Its your table pin. I recall several threads about bandsaw tables not being flat till the OP's realized the table pin was not installed ;-)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Burt,

The one for my MM-16 came attached with a short piece of chain to the table so it would not get lost. You might consider doing something similar.

glenn bradley
01-01-2011, 8:59 AM
Burt,

The one for my MM-16 came attached with a short piece of chain to the table so it would not get lost. You might consider doing something similar.

Ohhh, I like that. Why is it the simple solutions escape me?

Burt Alcantara
01-01-2011, 11:50 AM
The 514X2 was an upgrade to an 0555. When I opened the hardware bags I saw the same table pin as the 0555 so I assumed that was it. The "new" pin went unidentified until now. I just swapped them out and I'm happy to see that I don't need a pliers to remove it.

Thanks for the help,
Burt

Erik Christensen
01-01-2011, 5:54 PM
pretty dang funny - have that bandsaw but no table pin installed - so I went rummaging around in my spare parts drawer and what do you know - a table pin!!

I thought it a defective part - some factory worker just stuck a handle on a rod with no threads -

I am always amused when the moron in the story ends up being me

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2011, 6:36 PM
Erik.....I'm always amused when it's me....and seldom surprised!:o