PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Desk Set (Xmas Gift)

Jeff Sudmeier
01-07-2005, 1:39 PM
Well Guys after John M hounded me for a month, I finally have a picture of what I have been working on.

I have for your inspection a desk clock. The brass plate you can see has my Mom's name on it. The pencil is on the left and the pen is on the right.

She work's at Lands' End, as do I. I got a golf ball/tee set for a door prize awhile ago. She is an avid golfer so I gave it to her. Then I stole it back to make this. Since this photo she has super glued two loged golf balls to the tees. One with the Lands' End logo and one with a logo of a company she works very closely with.

http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albut49/s_Clock.jpg

Jason Tuinstra
01-07-2005, 1:43 PM
Jeff, what a great idea. I'm sure your mother will love it. And the golf tees add a nice personal touch along with the brass plate.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-07-2005, 1:45 PM
Jeff, what a great idea. I'm sure your mother will love it. And the golf tees add a nice personal touch along with the brass plate.
Jason, I forgot to add that she already has it! :)

I stopped by her desk the other day and all of her co-workers said it was cool as well. One of them gave me the best compliment I have recieved "You really made that, WOW!"

Thanks for the compliments and good luck with your move!

Jeff

John Miliunas
01-07-2005, 1:48 PM
Oka-a-a-a-a-ay...That's a START!:D Nice job on the set and display! Now, let's keep those pics comin'!:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-07-2005, 1:52 PM
Oka-a-a-a-a-ay...That's a START!:D Nice job on the set and display! Now, let's keep those pics comin'!:) :cool:
I have to get around to who I gave the golf ball rack, rolling tool cart, two cutting boards, baby rattle, bottle stoppers and deer calls to! Then I will make a post with a bunch of pics of most of the xmas gifts. Two other big project pics to come by Monday...

Ted Shrader
01-07-2005, 2:15 PM
Jeff -

Cool! What a great desk set!

Ted