PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Came Late (but it came)

George Guadiane
12-30-2010, 8:30 PM
I was on my way up to my "studio" to finish a frustrating project - but that's another story - when I opened the front door to find a BIG square package :D
I asked the internationally famous Jeff Nicol to make a steady rest for my Mustard Monster, and there it was, so I put it in my truck:

So, I went up and unpacked the box to find a BEAUTIFUL shiny, clean steady rest expertly wrapped (unlike anything else in my shop)... And a couple of nice turning blanks (bark edge cherry and spalted hard maple). Thank you for those, I'll turn them then donate the results to the Free Wheelchair Mission.
(you can see the blanks on the left - notice the light monster, I like it more and more all the time)

View from my side:

End view:

I know you guys have seen these before, but I'm excited, I even mounted the first project I'm going to work on, a CURLY maple vase form.

John Keeton
12-30-2010, 8:35 PM
George, you are going to love the steady!! Jeff does a great job on them. That turning looks interesting - and, it looks like it is being attacked by an octopus!! With the four steady arms, and the light monster, you have tentacles all over the place.

Steve Schlumpf
12-30-2010, 8:41 PM
George - belated Merry Christmas! Great looking steady rest! Seriously looking forward to seeing your vase completed!

Roland Martin
12-30-2010, 9:07 PM
Wow!! What a fantastic setup, the ultimate steady, an amazing lighting device and a worthy donation. Thanks for posting, George and a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
I think I'm feeling a bit envious:D

David E Keller
12-30-2010, 9:08 PM
Congrats. I've got the identical set up(minus the light octopus), and I couldn't be happier with mine. I'm looking forward to seeing that vase finished, too.

Don Orr
12-30-2010, 9:32 PM
Cool George! Enjoy.

Ray Bell
12-30-2010, 10:22 PM
George, you are going to love the steady. Jeff does a great job on these. I love mine, and wish I had at least one or two of your lights.

Bernie Weishapl
12-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Congrats George. You are really going to like that rest. I got mine from Jeff about a yr ago and love it.

Pete Jordan
12-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Your setup looks awesome!

I hope to save up to get one of those this year.

Jim Burr
12-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Saaaweet!!! Have a few months to wait till I can pop for mine, so I'll vicariously through yours!

Ron Stadler
12-31-2010, 1:02 AM
Nice find on the porch and good luck with it.:)

joel nucifore
12-31-2010, 5:12 AM
Nothing like new toys..It will soon be my time again..... MERRY CHRISMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and Nacy from me and the girls...........
I almost feel bad telling you this but, we are reading this down in PUNTA CANA / DR......
Need another play date soon....

George Guadiane
12-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Well I'm glad to hear that someone from up this way has gotten out of this "beautiful" weather!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you and the girls as well.
I leave for Florida to work on Tuesday, but I'll be back next Saturday, so any time after that for the play date.

Nothing like new toys..It will soon be my time again..... MERRY CHRISMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and Nacy from me and the girls...........
I almost feel bad telling you this but, we are reading this down in PUNTA CANA / DR......
Need another play date soon....

bob svoboda
12-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Very cool. I have one on order from Jeff for my MM, and now I REALLY can't wait to get it!

charlie knighton
12-31-2010, 4:38 PM
very nice, congratulations

Chris Stolicky
01-01-2011, 8:11 PM
Congrats.

Now, you will be able to hollow even deeper. Better start thinking captured systems... : )

George Guadiane
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
You'll need to come over and see my Monster articulated arm deeeeep hollowing tricks:eek::cool::D

Congrats.

Now, you will be able to hollow even deeper. Better start thinking captured systems... : )