PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot To Honor WorkSharp 3000 Price of $62.25

Paul Wunder
12-30-2010, 6:18 PM
I just got an email from HD apologizing for canceling my backorder of the WorkSharp 3000 at the Internet sale price of $62.25. I was told to call their customer resolutions team and refer to my original order. I did and they reinstated my order and it will be shipped within 30 days. HD stated that they are purchasing sufficient quantity from Darex to meet the demand of those folks whose original orders were backlogged and canceled. I was told that HD was closing out this item and they accidentally oversold it.

I thanked Home Depot for honoring the sale price and explained that there were many of us from on line woodworking forums who were disappointed. I was told that they were fully aware of what happened and that they were trying to correct the problem.

Kudos to Home Depot. It is nice to know that there are real people behind the Orange sign.

Paul

John Fabre
12-30-2010, 6:22 PM
That's excellent customer service.

keith micinski
12-30-2010, 6:35 PM
Dammit I was going to order one but thought it was just going to get cancelled so I didn't. Oh well.

Dewayne Reding
12-30-2010, 8:01 PM
That is good CS. I will be re-ordering mine. HD has went out of their way several times for me.

David Prince
12-30-2010, 8:11 PM
A few years ago HD was "Blasted" for having poor CS. I think they learned some lessons. I was surprised to get the email about reinstating the original order. I called their CS and my order is back on. HD earned some points today!:)

I am glad that there are still companies out there that follow through with some type of remedy whether it was a glitch or a mistake that caused it in the first place.

WS must not be too upset if they are selling HD a new supply!

Dan Hintz
12-30-2010, 8:32 PM
I spoke with a very lovely young woman earlier today while requesting my order be reinstated. The explanation I was given was they did not expect the number of orders they received (in the thousands) for the amount of stock they had on hand. We both chuckled about the power of the internet and how fast word travels. To avoid any issues with upset customers feeling like they were bamboozled, they decided to order sufficient units and fill all orders. I was even given free shipping without asking, bringing my shipped total to just shy of $66. Color me impressed...

Van Huskey
12-30-2010, 9:19 PM
Thats very nice and impressive! I would have taken a shot but figured no way it would get filled and I got the $125 deal from WS earlier. Now if Rockler would have just filled my $199 Powermatic 20" planer order... LOL

art san jr
12-30-2010, 9:25 PM
Yes, I got that e-mail too. 'Impressed' is not the word.....this honoring all the orders, the sheer $ssssssss. Guess good business practice, customer relations, customer retention and all the rest come into play. I am just thankful, and thought it was pretty grand of Home Depot to satisfy the demand.
And of course I wish all at Home Depot all THE BEST for THE NEW YEAR, and of course all here at SMC.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!!!!

fRED mCnEILL
12-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Well now, I'm in a pickle. I ordered the 3000 from HD and also received an email today saying they would honor my order. My problem is that when I ordered I tried to pay with my M/C but because I am in Canada they don't take credit cards with a Canadian billing address.(but its OK if I personally go into a US store and make a purchase with M/C-whats with that) So here I sit with a bonafide order with no way to pay. I've written to HD so we will see what happens. In case anyone thinks I should order through a Canadian store, the c/s girl already suggested that-but HD in Canada doesn't carry them.

Fred

Gabriel Montreuil
12-30-2010, 10:50 PM
That's right Fred, I got one in Montreal for 189$ CDN today... :-(

Lucky neighbors!

gabriel

John M. Johnson
12-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Well, this is fantastic news. Just found the email in my spam folder. I will be calling tomorrow.

Roger Barga
12-31-2010, 12:45 AM
+1 for Home Depot customer service. I started woodworking several years ago with a collection of Ridgid tools from HD and while I have upgraded many of my tools I still have my Ridgid 13" lunchbox planner and Ridgid 6" jointer. I wish all the companies I've dealt with over the years had the same commitment to customer service.

Jaze Derr
12-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Well now, I'm in a pickle. I ordered the 3000 from HD and also received an email today saying they would honor my order. My problem is that when I ordered I tried to pay with my M/C but because I am in Canada they don't take credit cards with a Canadian billing address.(but its OK if I personally go into a US store and make a purchase with M/C-whats with that) So here I sit with a bonafide order with no way to pay. I've written to HD so we will see what happens. In case anyone thinks I should order through a Canadian store, the c/s girl already suggested that-but HD in Canada doesn't carry them.

Fred

Does HD take paypal?

John Fabre
12-31-2010, 1:02 AM
Yes, HD does take PayPal, that's how I paid for mine.

Andrew Nemeth
12-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Here's another nod to HD. Even though I managed to get in on the backorder of the WS 3000 I was not at all upset when it was canceled as I felt they were not obligated to send me anything. Mistakes happen! However, I was pleasantly surprised when I received the e-mail stating they were going to honor all of the orders that managed to get backordered. I called them this morning only to be told that the current inventory had been put on hold and that she would have to call me back to process the order. An hour later I recieved a return phone call to place the reorder and I now been sent a new confirmation through e-mail. The whole process has been a bit of a run around but it appears HD is on top of it. It is not at all what I expected from a big box that I felt had no obligation to fill the order. I should mention for anyone else that originally payed with paypal, it appears the resolution center can only place re-orders with credit or debit cards, so make sure you have one handy when you call.

Norman Hitt
12-31-2010, 5:45 PM
I got my email and the Same sweet voiced lady reinstated my order too. Needless to say from past experience I was extremely Pleasantly surprised that they were going to actually step up and honor the closeout prices, since it will be fairly costly to honor several thousand orders, BUT......... when you really put it into PERSPECTIVE, think about this: Compare the cost to HD that "THIS" will be to what they spend for several 1 minute "TV SPOTS" during a Major Sporting Event and the fact that they are creating GOOD WILL with Proven BUYING Customers vs a shot in the dark with the TV Spots and it just MIGHT be the BEST and most Cost Effective advertising they have ever done. Just something to mull over, but KUDOS to HD for their honorable action.
I WISH everyone a Safe and Happy New Year, and lots of fun in the New Year playing with their new Christmas Toys.

fRED mCnEILL
12-31-2010, 6:10 PM
Just had a phone call this afternoon from HD suggesting that a way around my dilema (i.e. them not taking a Canadian credit card)was to purchase a HD gift card at the local HD and using it for payment. They will also look at why they don't take Canadian c/c over the net when they take them in the U.S. stores. So the comment that they are taking customer service seriously appears to be bang on.

Rick Boyett
12-31-2010, 7:14 PM
This whole incident gives me a warm fuzzy :D

art san jr
12-31-2010, 9:00 PM
Just had a phone call this afternoon from HD suggesting that a way around my dilema (i.e. them not taking a Canadian credit card)was to purchase a HD gift card at the local HD and using it for payment. They will also look at why they don't take Canadian c/c over the net when they take them in the U.S. stores. So the comment that they are taking customer service seriously appears to be bang on.

Doesn't this just take the cake. Good for you, good for Home Depot. Agreed, they may very well be taking a new look at
"SERVICE". They have made a lot of happy folks, and kudos to them.

All the Best for THE NEW YEAR.

Art.

Ron Natalie
01-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes, this was a very good recovery to the outright lies and drivel that Customer Service for "homedepot.com" gave to people who inquired what was going on when their original orders went from CONFIRMED to BACK ORDERED to CANCELLED. Frankly it wasn't so much that they cancelled the order (which was an unbelievable price) but the absolute disasterous response I got to polite inquiries at CS afterward.

At least the president's office decided to set things straight once things got escalated high enough.

Mike Henderson
01-02-2011, 4:59 PM
I was very surprised and pleased with the way HD handled this issue. Like others, I would not have been upset if they had cancelled the order - mistakes do happen. I'll bet the marketing person who set those prices is on the hot seat now.

But as others said, this is really a good demonstration of the change in HD and their commitment to customer service. Looks like they're recovering from the time they had that bozo for a president and CEO.

Mike