PDA

View Full Version : "Unread" clearing

Greg Ketell
12-30-2010, 1:01 PM
With the old software I would read a thread then use the "back" button to return to the forum and all the threads I hadn't read were still marked unread. With the new software reading one unread post then going "back" marks all posts in the forum as read. Can this be switched back to the old functionality?

Bill Edwards(2)
12-30-2010, 1:46 PM
I have the opposite.

I have to force everything to be read.

Aaron Koehl
12-30-2010, 2:41 PM
Greg,

This functionality did not change in the new software.
However, you might see this happen if you have a full browser cache, or if you refresh the search page after 45 minutes of inactivity.

Bill Edwards(2)
12-30-2010, 2:48 PM
Greg,

This functionality did not change in the new software.
However, you might see this happen if you have a full browser cache, or if you refresh the search page after 45 minutes of inactivity.

From 2 different computers. :confused:

John Fabre
12-30-2010, 2:48 PM
With the old software I would read a thread then use the "back" button to return to the forum and all the threads I hadn't read were still marked unread. With the new software reading one unread post then going "back" marks all posts in the forum as read. Can this be switched back to the old functionality?
Mine works like the old software when hitting the back button, no problems here.

Aaron Koehl
12-30-2010, 3:49 PM
Bill,

In order to have search results marked "read", you must have 45 minutes of inactivity, or click "mark forum read" under Forum Actions.