PDA

View Full Version : If you have TEENAGERS

harry strasil
12-30-2010, 12:07 PM
who do a lot of texting, they should watch this video from AT&T.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/27/atandt-releases-dramatic-anti-texting-while-driving-documentary/

Have a Happy and Safe New Year.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
We had a local girl make the national news because of texting while driving. I don't remember if there was a death involved but there were 3 teens including the driver IIRC. A Spokane television station came and interviewed the driver lying in a hospital bed, leg in traction, IVs etc.

Washington State passed a law against cell phone useage and driving.....there are seatbelt laws...

Some people you just can't convince.

Bryan Morgan
12-30-2010, 1:52 PM
Its a daily occurrence around here... Just a couple weeks ago it took me over 2 hours to drive 10 miles because some uppity diva lady flipped her car while yacking on the phone and almost missing her off ramp. God forbid she just take the next one and loop back around. Constantly dodging people yacking or texting. Good thing I have cat-like reflexes. :)

Tim Morton
12-30-2010, 8:18 PM
who says you have to be a teenager to text while driving????? Its a fact of life....they just need o find a safer way to do it...i use voice to text....but its still not that safe.

Charlie Reals
12-30-2010, 8:24 PM
two people have been in wrecks due to texting, this in one hour on sheer ice roads. dumb people in a hurry to go skiing. One lady told the highway patrol she was warning her kids coming behind her the roads were icy. This place is a zoo until Monday.

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2010, 4:49 PM
This is ONE of the many reason why I believe that a cell phone should be just that.....a telephone.....not a web browser and not a texting machine. I have avoided, via defensive driving skills, at least 3 accidents in the past year due to idiots texting and cruising the internet while driving. This has caused me to HATE Cell Phones period..!!!!

Rob Wright
12-31-2010, 6:06 PM
The State of Wisconsin passed the no text while driving law earlier this year and went into effect in early December. The next day a girl was texting while driving and killed another person in an accident. I could have swore we already had a law called inattentive driving - why don't we just enforce that law along with the other ones on the book?

Roger Newby
12-31-2010, 7:03 PM
Harry didn't mention that Nebraska has an anti-texting law but you have to be breaking some other driving rule first. If you are caught speeding and texting you can be fined for both. But they can't stop you just for texting while driving. Real tough stance doncha think?

Curt Fuller
12-31-2010, 11:25 PM
That's a tough 10 minute watch but so worth the time. As a truck driver, I see so many crazy, stupid things every day. Not just teens but everyone , including truck drivers, that uses their phone while driving is putting themselves and everyone around them at risk. Headsets, bluetooth, whatever, the distraction is still there. The crazy thing is that 10-15 years ago we lived our lives just fine without texting, almost without even talking on a cell phone. For some reason we feel we can't live without it now.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I work for a very large corporation. They forced us to get cell phones years ago when they first came out. After about 3 months, me and a coworker decided it wasn't safe to use the cell phone and drive at the same time. Even in this semi-remote area of Idaho we can find places to pull off to use the cell phone and we started doing it. About 5 years later, the large corporation came out with an edict concerning cell phones and driving......Hands free or pull of the road! Corporate policy.

Curt Harms
01-02-2011, 9:17 AM
The State of Wisconsin passed the no text while driving law earlier this year and went into effect in early December. The next day a girl was texting while driving and killed another person in an accident. I could have swore we already had a law called inattentive driving - why don't we just enforce that law along with the other ones on the book?

Because "You should elect politician BlowHard because he pushed for enforcement of existing laws" doesn't work as well in campaigns as "politician BlowHard passed this law because he's looking out for YOU so you should vote for HIM!!!"? Enforcement? Right up there with the statutes outlawing spitting on the sidewalk on Sunday.