PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question but why are these called WineO's

Rob Holcomb
12-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Why are these referred to as WineO's rather than a wine rack or Wine Display etc. What does the "O" stand for?

Chip Sutherland
12-30-2010, 11:09 AM
No clue. It's a new term to me. That one looks nice. I have one in my project list so thanks for sharing. Looks like you used Ruth Niles' SS stoppers. They are the best. 'nuff said.

Rob Holcomb
12-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Yes the stopper is one from Ruth Nile's. This piece was given as a Christmas gift to a family member who hasn't stopped talking about it since! It's nice when you put a lot of time and effort into a woodworking project and the recipient expresses that kind of appreciation.

Rob Holcomb
12-31-2010, 11:38 AM
No one here can explain why these are called WineO's?

Joe Herrmann
12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
According to Jeff's article in Woodturning Design magazine, it was named after a good friend's nickname.

Curt Fuller
12-31-2010, 12:34 PM
I can't give you any insight into why they would be called a WineO, in fact that's the first I've heard of it. But that sure is a pretty one.

Jeff Luedloff
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
The name behind my "WineO" was named after a friend of ours, but i felt it would fit this turning for the main reason it is to be used and displayed with wine. I didnt like calling it just a wine display. People who have seen and purchased a WineO love them & the name. I have been turning them over a year now, wrote a article with Woodturning Design Mgazine which hit the shelf today and hope turners who make them keep calling them as I named it.

Nice job Rob on your WineO

Aaron Wingert
01-03-2011, 12:04 AM
What does the "O" stand for?

It is a play on words, the slang term for alcoholic being wine-o. Like the old country song..."I'm going to hire a wine-o to decorate our home".