PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Router Bits

Brian Buckley
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Has anyone tried Porter Cable router bits? They are fairly new to the market. Not sure who makes them for PC.

Brian

Steve Clardy
01-07-2005, 10:44 AM
They've been around for quite some time. Just not marketed like others.
Not sure who makes them either. Nice bits, but generally higher priced than whiteside.
I have a few spirals and straight bits from them. Not used to often.

Scott Banbury
01-07-2005, 11:04 AM
I've got one of those mini Home Depots in my older neighborhood. To fit in the smaller-than-usual box, they only carry one line of router bits--Porter-Cable.

At first I was dubious, really liking all my CMTs and Amanas, but after being forced to make a copule of Sunday purchases, I'm actually quite impressed with the PCs. They've got a thick carbide and are relatively well ground but still need a little diamond honing to put the keen edge on.

Dave Sweeney
01-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Considering that Porter-Cable and Oldham have had the same parent owner for quite awhile, Pentair and now Black & Decker, I'm guessing that Oldham makes them for Porter-Cable to Porter-Cable specs as they appear to be a little better quality than Oldham bits.

mike lucas
01-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Considering that Porter-Cable and Oldham have had the same parent owner for quite awhile, Pentair and now Black & Decker, I'm guessing that Oldham makes them for Porter-Cable to Porter-Cable specs as they appear to be a little better quality than Oldham bits. I would guess that you are 100% correct;) I read that maybe 2 years ago, that Oldham (With also is a part of Viper bits as well! at least I read that.) was indeed the manufacture of the Porter Cable router bits.:)

If we were to know the complete story, we'd probably be shocked. I would bet that there are no more then maybe a dozen factories that produce router bits. And from there they get who ever`s name on them.:D