PDA

View Full Version : Word Art { made from Pine }

Marshall Border
12-30-2010, 12:32 AM
175590175589175588:d175587 This is some of my work that's un-finished , except for the word Believe has a crack-el finished on it -whick I made two of these out of MDF for the Church ..........I made this with my Dewalt scroll-saw , I'm a scroller { Scrolling is my passion for well over 14 years now }

Greg Labacz
12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Your work is really beautiful. I have an scroll saw that was my Dad's and never thought of using it,but, now I may try it because of your inspiration. Do you use plans for your work or do you do it off the cuff? Do you know where I could get plans?

Troy Turner
12-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Beautiful pieces. I like the crackel on the Believe! Very very good talent you have there. I wouldn't even attempt it. I usually just route them in the board vs. cutting them out. Thing is, they don't look half as nice as yours :)

Great job!

Cody Colston
12-30-2010, 8:43 PM
Wonderful work. That crackle finish on "Believe" is awesome. The rest is simply inspiring...Faith Hope and Charity (love).

gary Zimmel
12-30-2010, 9:36 PM
Real nice work Marshall. Thanks for the look see.

Marshall Border
12-31-2010, 4:32 PM
If any of you ever decide to try scrollsawing , I didn't go into this knowing about this scrollsaw hobby I just picked it up . Steve Good has a web-site where you can get more patterns than you'll ever do , remember that it just takes practice and you'll be hooked . I make anything and everything on the scrollsaw , I have a bowl with two different kinds of woods that I'm working on now - walnut and birds-eye maple thats what I'm finishing now .........just start scrolling you may end up loving it like me ........cheers ...175778