PDA

View Full Version : Wow...I'm impressed

Steve Ash
01-07-2005, 8:42 AM
I'm new here, so I started going back through previous threads. I was amazed at the talent of the people here. I was especially interested in things you guys have done around your shop and how to make it more efficient. I have a 32 x 48 shop with 32 x 32 of it insulated and heated, but it has always been kind of cluttered. I'm looking forward to using some of "your" ideas in my shop...keep em coming.

David Wilson
01-07-2005, 8:46 AM
Steve
Welcome to the best WW sight on the web.

Mark Singer
01-07-2005, 8:47 AM
Welcome Steve...yeah there are some pretty smart guys around here..! And they are nice and willing to share ideas. I think there is something in the sawdust coming from the the Sawmill Creek that causes it...who knows?

Lou Morrissette
01-07-2005, 8:52 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Steve. It's a great place to hang out and lots to learn.

Lou

Ted Shrader
01-07-2005, 9:34 AM
Hi Steve -

Welcome to the Creek! A great place to hang out and exchange ideas. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome,
Ted

Jim Becker
01-07-2005, 9:53 AM
Welcome aboard, Steve. I'm always amazed at the amount of pure talent and wonderful producers of ideas hanging around here...

'Sounds like a wonderful shop space. I sure wish I had that much room!! Show us some pictures so folks can help you come up with ideas for workflow and so forth. We need to know where you are "now" to better dream up things to spend your money, err...help you shift things around! :D

larry merlau
01-07-2005, 10:01 AM
welcome to the creek steve, and its nice to see another from michigan. and you have a real nice toy store close by as well :D welcome and there are many wise folks on here and they are all helpfull and freindly. but you must post pics, they are sticklers for that and tyler will get his man :D

Tyler Howell
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
It is a great place Steve and expensive. Everyday these folks show something you have to have in your shop. They also want to see pictures of what you've been up to. I've given up fighting it and just keep buying and posting.:rolleyes:

Bill Arnold
01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Steve,

Welcome aboard! It's good to have you with us. There's a bunch of great folks here who have been really helpful in the short time I've been here.

Regards,

Steve Ash
01-07-2005, 3:30 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys....now I'll need to figure out how to put up pics!:)

Ken Fitzgerald
01-07-2005, 3:39 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Steve! Neat place to wade and leave or take information as you deem necessary! Beware Tyler's friendly exterior. He's the leader of the Photo Storm Troopers. He and his accomplace Chris Padilla won't accept a gloat as an "Official Gloat" unless it is accompanied by photos. They will hound you until there are photos! Neat bunch here from beginners to skilled pros always willing to express their opinions or ask for advice. Again.....Welcome!

Chris Padilla
01-07-2005, 3:55 PM
Ken, you're still the closet pic police 'round these here parts.

Steve, welcome and let us know if you need help posting pics! :)

Steve Ash
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Ken, you're still the closet pic police 'round these here parts.

Steve, welcome and let us know if you need help posting pics! :)Thanks...I posted my first pic. It's called basement bar pic. You guys are in trouble now that i figured out how to post pics.:D

larry merlau
01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
hey steve looked up your bar and rec room and can see you like the gm brand :D and the bar you nade is really sharp. just outa curosity? do you have any kin in martin? used to be some ashes over that way. i see you go tthe picture and avatra thing all figured out just fine. as for justifing a planer just tell her the cost of rough lumber verses planed wood and she will understand all ladies like a bargin or coupons with so much off :D