PDA

View Full Version : Custom hand wheel and vacuum adaptor

Grant Wilkinson
12-29-2010, 5:12 PM
Today, I took delivery of a custom handwheel, vacuum adaptor and vacuum chuck hub from J T Turning Tools. When I placed my order, I dealt with Tom Steyer, who showed incredible patience answering all my questions and instructing me on the measurements that he needed to make my custom handwheel. The process did not take long and I received the package today. The workmanship on all the aluminum parts is first rate. The handwheel fit perfectly and I was drawing strong vacuum in no time. I've not yet used the vacuum chuck hub that Tom makes, as I need to buy some abs pipe to fit into the hub. I did spin on one of my chucks made from MDF and ABS pipe and the unit worked perfectly.

I can strongly recommend both Tom's excellent service and the handwheels and vacuum adaptors that he sells.

I also bought his hollowing rig, but will wait to offer comments on it until I've put it through its paces. So far, I've only had time to fondle it a bit. I can say that fit and finish are perfect.

Bob Bergstrom
12-29-2010, 5:20 PM
I also bought from Tom. Great guy and works hard to give you what you need. I have the adapter and the chuck and both are a joy to use. The "0" ring seals really help keep the vacuum up and are easy to take on and off the lathe. Enjoy.

Jerry Pittman
12-29-2010, 6:21 PM
Grant,
+1 on JT Turning Tools!
I have all the same stuff you bought from Tom and it works every bit as good as it looks! He is a great guy to deal with; he seems to be an engineering type who thinks like a woodturner. His vacuum hub using common PVC is a bit of genius. I am waiting for him to make his tailstock management system for my lathe so I can add to my JT turning inventory.
Jerry

Bernie Weishapl
12-29-2010, 7:34 PM
Thumbs up for Tom. Great gentleman and easy to deal with.

Alan Zenreich
12-29-2010, 7:42 PM
Absolutely agree. You can't go wrong buying from Tom. Great machining, well designed components, and a cool guy to talk with on the phone.

Ray Bell
12-29-2010, 8:59 PM
You can't go wrong dealing with JTTurnings. Tom is a very pleasant person to deal with, and supplies quality parts.

Gary Conklin
12-29-2010, 9:28 PM
Super class act! Service is outstanding and then some!

Thom Sturgill
12-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Definitely first class. I have a handle and vacuum adapter, made my own MDF/PVC chucks. Every time I take my tail-stock off, I think again about buying his swing mount.

Nate Davey
12-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Congratulations on a quality product. I can almost picture it in my minds eye :)