PDA

View Full Version : Almost -but not quite!

Roger Chandler
12-28-2010, 8:55 PM
I took a little time this afternoon to build a steady rest. Got the plywood this morning......built it, and got it about 90% done, and then what do you know, I do not have enough bolts to finish tonight, so it will be off to the hardware store in the morning to get the requisite parts to finish this thing.

We had a little break in the temps today........got up to about 37 degrees, so I took advantage of it and did some work. When I get it finished [hopefully tomorrow] then I will post a couple of pics. Birch plywood frame, and red oak arms with inline skate wheels.

Of course, I am trying to get a jump on having things ready when my Monster Hollowing System shows up here in a couple weeks or so!!! :D:D:D

John Keeton
12-28-2010, 9:33 PM
Of course, I am trying to get a jump on having things ready when my Monster Hollowing System shows up here in a couple weeks or so!!! :D:D:DRoger, I hope you are right on the timing of your Monster rig!! But, I would guess 4-6 weeks, unless Randy has caught up recently. Looking forward to seeing this steady you are working on!

Roger Chandler
12-28-2010, 9:54 PM
Roger, I hope you are right on the timing of your Monster rig!! But, I would guess 4-6 weeks, unless Randy has caught up recently. Looking forward to seeing this steady you are working on!

John,

I know there will be some waiting period...........the "or so" in my comment was the period past a couple of weeks........lets just say the Randy seemed optimistic ;) but we shall see.....:)

I will try to post some pics as soon as I get that steady rest finished.