PDA

View Full Version : Lathe

cecil dean
12-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Still looking for information on a (Taskmaster Wood Copy Lathe) I have posted on 2 other web site plus this one a week ago and have gotten no responce. Has anyone at leasted heard of this model lathe or company? I have not set it up yet but the freiend that gave it to me said he had only used it twice and it worked OK.
Cecil

Matt Day
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Have you tried contacting Task Master?

cecil dean
12-28-2010, 1:03 PM
I google Taskmaster but did not come up with anything about wood working tools. I also tried google the whole name and onle found a post of mine.
Thanks
Cecil

Matt Day
12-28-2010, 2:05 PM
I tried googling a numer of different strings and came up empty, tried with no luck over at owwm too since I thought it might be an older lathe. You've got me stumped!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-28-2010, 2:12 PM
Cecil....is there a sticker on it indicating where it was made?

Dan Hintz
12-28-2010, 2:17 PM
The best I could find was a passing reference to Shenwai, a Taiwanese manufacturer...

Russell Johnson
12-28-2010, 3:04 PM
I have a Buffalo lathe that I equally could find no information on. I wounder if it might be the same deal. Can you post a photo? Also if there is any labeling can you post that also. Perhaps that would help.

mickey cassiba
12-28-2010, 9:15 PM
Not a lathe ,but similar problem...I've got a WoodPecker planer and when I try to find parts, documentation, etc, all I get is wood pecker router lifts. I did find the manufacturer on a Taiwan website, but they just wanted to sell me 500 drill presses. Guess they're not making planers anymore.