PDA

View Full Version : difference in SN2 and grizzly chuck

Roger Chandler
12-27-2010, 1:21 PM
I was wondering if some of you guys could tell me a couple of things about what differences might exist between the SuperNova2 chuck and the 4 jaw scroll chuck Grizzly sells? I have seen Bernie and others mention they have it.

What I want to know is its holding capacity......is it larger, smaller or same size as the SN2, and if the jaws are interchangable with the SN2?

If it is as good, then I could save myself some money, but I don't want to compromise on the right size for my G0698 lathe or the jaws not inter changing.

John Keeton
12-27-2010, 1:29 PM
Roger, as I recall the comments on the Grizzly chuck, it is a clone for the Vicmarc, and those jaws will interchange. But, I doubt the jaws interchange with the SN2 you have. You could get the Nova G3 - a little cheaper, and works for me. You do have a larger swing, and I think the capacity of the G3 is limited 14", but it should work for all but the largest projects you would do.

Roger, I just checked the manual on the Grizzly (http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6265), and it is limited to 12" swing.

Roger Chandler
12-27-2010, 1:34 PM
Thanks John,

I guess I had it confused........I thought it was a nova clone, but you have corrected that for me thanks!
Guess I'll have to go back for another SN2.