PDA

View Full Version : Shop made planer table setting jig

Gary Pennington
12-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Have learned a ton here in the past year, many thanks to everyone here. Found that setting the angle on a DW 735 to be a bit of a PITA compared to the Delta lunchbox I had before. Getting the inside edge level with the planer table while raising the outside edges required more hands than I have at the moment. Used some scrap 3/4x3/4 maple to build this jig, hope some of you will find it helpful setting planer tables. I'd think it should work on most any planer.

The table end of the jig is undercut on a BS about 1/8", but it could be any amount. The ends are drilled & tapped for 1/4-20 screws. There is a bit of twist in the jig so I weight it down on the table saw to set the screws for amount I want the tables to rise.

The feeler gage drops into the miter slot on the table so there's no error from the feeler gage being angled.

Put the jig into the planer and run the head down til the feed rollers capture the jig snugly to the table. Loosen the table bolts, hold the table up against the jig and tighten the bolts.

Flip it around and do the other side. I have .080" in the in and out feeds--outfeed is snipe free, looks like I need to raise it a little more on the infeed side.