PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for tools in Orlando

Brian Deakin
12-27-2010, 9:41 AM
I will be travelling from the United Kingdom on 18th April 2011 to spend a holiday with the family at Disney resort Orlando. I am aware there is a Woodcraft store in Orlando but my question is are there any other stores that supply tools in the area

Further I have noticed there are sometimes offers on tools sold over the Easter period Does any one Know what is the usual timing of these offers

regards Brian

Aaron Berk
12-27-2010, 9:53 AM
Any time I plan a trip, I always scour the local Craigslistfor my destination, and then also search craigslist for all the citys I'll be driving through.

Probably not the info you were looking for, but it's how I go.

Mac Cambra
12-27-2010, 2:04 PM
You might want to visit here, http://www.utterguys.com/xcart/home.php.

They are located in Sanford, FL just north of Orlando.

Art Mulder
12-29-2010, 8:25 AM
When I plan a visit the USA (I'm in Canada) I start watching the tool sales on Amazon.com. Several times I've seen a deal come up and been able to buy it and have it delivered to a US address so that I can pick it up on my trip. Typically I deliver to a friend in the US, but hotels are also usually willing to receive packages for you. (I always call the hotel first to be sure, but the general procedure is to address it to "Your name, guest arriving on XXX date" care/of the hotel address.)

Larry Frank
12-29-2010, 2:41 PM
I have visited the Woodcraft in Orlando a couple of times during visits down there. It is a good store and worth the time to visit.

Randy Dutkiewicz
12-30-2010, 5:51 PM
Any time I plan a trip, I always scour the local Craigslistfor my destination, and then also search craigslist for all the citys I'll be driving through.

Probably not the info you were looking for, but it's how I go.

I do the exact same thing Aaron! Also, whenever I have to make a trip up the east coast (VA, MD, etc) I always look for hardwoods too since it's almost impossible to find it down here unless you want to give an arm and a leg for someone to order it for you.

Brian Deakin
01-01-2011, 4:59 AM
Dear Art,
Thank you for the tip of assigning an arrival date to delivery packages to the hotel address. When I stayed at the Disney movies hotel 2 years ago I placed an order with Whiteside over the telephone.I paid $10 for express delivery and all the goods were delivered directly to my room 2 days later by the hotel

regards Brian