PDA

View Full Version : Random thought of the day

John Coloccia
12-27-2010, 7:07 AM
Fish, and plankton, and sea greens, and protein from the sea.

Discuss.

Charlie Reals
12-27-2010, 7:11 AM
Other than smoked I don't care for fish, butt, scallops, lobster, and ahhhhhhh dungeness crab are heaven. Pickled sea weed can be pretty good if you like that kinda stuff.
There is very little wild Salmon on the market and I wont eat the farmed stuff.

Eduard Nemirovsky
12-27-2010, 7:18 AM
+1 to Charlie and i don't eat plankton :)

Tim Boger
12-27-2010, 7:58 AM
Anything with nutritional value is fair game ....

Random thought, why is losing weight so much harder than gaining it ?

Matt Meiser
12-27-2010, 8:23 AM
and ahhhhhhh dungeness crab

That stuff is awesome. We had it when we visited San Francisco 11 years ago but never since. I've seen it at Costco's seafood roadshow thing occasionally since but never at a restaurant. I'd love to get some but I'm not sure how to cook it. :(

Charlie Reals
12-27-2010, 8:28 AM
That stuff is awesome. We had it when we visited San Francisco 11 years ago but never since. I've seen it at Costco's seafood roadshow thing occasionally since but never at a restaurant. I'd love to get some but I'm not sure how to cook it. :(

Big pot of boiling water, few minutes and a tub of drawn butter. Oh wait ya gotta clean it and I always end up eating it before I get enough for a cooked dish. Yours would come frozen, thaw and crack then use in any dish you would like.

Mark Bolton
12-27-2010, 9:13 AM
Watched a show not too long ago where they were making a faux caviar out of ground seaweed formed into little spherical globs. Never eaten caviar and dont have any desire to try but was stated it was a great source of vitamins, minerals, etc. due to the seaweed. It was interesting to watch as they used a process very similar to sputtering shotgun shot dropping the globs into liquid that set in a sphere as it fell through the water.

Family is from ME and I have never found any seafood to compare with back home in the North East but its likely just what I grew up with. My wife can bring me back leftovers in styrofoam box, 11 hour drive, and it still better that anything i hve had local.

You fair the storm OK John? Just talked with the inlaws up in Putnam they havent been out but think they got snow in the teen's of inches.

Mark

Rod Sheridan
12-27-2010, 9:49 AM
Fish, and plankton, and sea greens, and protein from the sea.

Discuss.

Are you that age John?

Lining up for carousel?

P.S.

It was funny how obvious that quote was and yet I haven't seen Logans Run for 20 years. It must have been more memorable than I thought.

John Coloccia
12-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Watched a show not too long ago where they were making a faux caviar out of ground seaweed formed into little spherical globs. Never eaten caviar and dont have any desire to try but was stated it was a great source of vitamins, minerals, etc. due to the seaweed. It was interesting to watch as they used a process very similar to sputtering shotgun shot dropping the globs into liquid that set in a sphere as it fell through the water.

Family is from ME and I have never found any seafood to compare with back home in the North East but its likely just what I grew up with. My wife can bring me back leftovers in styrofoam box, 11 hour drive, and it still better that anything i hve had local.

You fair the storm OK John? Just talked with the inlaws up in Putnam they havent been out but think they got snow in the teen's of inches.

Mark

We got maybe around 8" here, but it stopped coming down pretty early this morning, and it was just kind of a light snow drizzle for the whole night so plows were mostly able to keep up. We got away with it :) I do have quite a bit of plowing to do on my property today but not bad otherwise. The winds are VERY high, though. I'm expecting lots of power outages during the day if it keeps up.

Stephen Tashiro
12-27-2010, 1:15 PM
Seaweed or plankton - perhaps we could make food and oil from the same raw materials. Soylent Green is NOT people.

John Coloccia
12-27-2010, 1:21 PM
Are you that age John?

Lining up for carousel?

P.S.

It was funny how obvious that quote was and yet I haven't seen Logans Run for 20 years. It must have been more memorable than I thought.

Ding ding ding! You win the prize :)

I won't post a link because there's some "nudity" in one of the scenes (I actually think they're wearing body suits), but here's a sampling of Box....check out Youtube clip rdhRf0OCx5c.

Here's a highly entertaining, yet throughly annoying version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKROeWxZHfg