PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

Stephen Floyd
12-26-2010, 7:16 PM
Asking for your input. I am interested in purchasing a laser engraver for woodworking and crafts. I have talked with Epilog and Versa laser salesmen. What can you tell me about either or both machines, also Aspin and Coral draw X5 soft ware.

Thanks
Stephen

Larry Bratton
12-26-2010, 7:42 PM
Stephen,
There is so much information on this board about those two companies, there is no way to condense it. Just do a search and read. Both companies are fine companies and manufacture quality American made machines. I know nothing about Aspin software but Corel Draw in various versions is pretty much the standard for laser operations, although I am still on Version 13, Version 15 (X5) is the latest version out there and is used widely by members of this forum.

Since this is your first post, Welcome to SMC. Huge amount of information here and lots of friendly people. Happy Holidays!

Stephen Floyd
12-27-2010, 2:37 PM
Hello Larry;
Thanks for your input. You are right about the amount of information to be found on this board. I have found several articles very interesting on the coral draw. You have a great day.

Stephen