PDA

View Full Version : Work Sharp 3000 Felt Polishing Wheel Help

Dave Gaul
12-26-2010, 3:06 PM
I can't seem to get this felt wheel installed on my WS3000. Instruction say to use the "edge vision" wheel, and place felt wheel on top of edge vision wheel, then use the provide bolt to fasten, problem is, the bolt thread don't reach the arbor of the WS enough to lock in...

It almost seems like the center whole of the felt wheel should be bigger to fit around the edge vision wheel...

Any ideas?

Dave Gaul
12-27-2010, 9:36 AM
I think I found the solution... I looked at some pics online of the installed felt wheel on a WS3000... looks to me like you use the glass wheel with the felt on top... seems to work fine...

Thanks for looking!

glenn bradley
12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Great info Dave. I would visit Workshrps home page. They have a link there that is called "Ask the President" or something like that. I posted some info on something I found amiss and received a nice response in short order. They really seem to care about their products and the people who use them.

Dave Gaul
12-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks Glenn, I'll check that out. I saw the "Ask the President" link but wasn't sure what that was... good to know

Dave Gaul
12-28-2010, 7:35 PM
I tried Glenn's suggestion, and had a reply for Darex in an hour or so. There was a misprint in the instructions for the felt wheel on the WS3000... on the 2k you use the edge vision wheel, but on the 3k you have to use a glass wheel, they also said the instructions have been changed to reflect...