PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help on how to figure overall length of a Biese rail set.

Jim O'Dell
12-26-2010, 2:53 PM
I'm toying with the idea of getting a long Biesemeyer rail set for my new saw and just move the fence from saw to saw. The factory Griz fence is fine, but it's not a Biese. I've looked for the overall length of the fence tube for the various options on line, but haven't found the answer yet. Anyone have a 62L12 or a 74L12 that they can measure the tube length for me? If I use the standard 30" right and 12" left that came with the fence (tube measures 62" long), I'm thinking the tube for the 62L12 will be 94" long, and the 72L12 will be 104". But I'd like to make sure.
As a side question, has anyone ever heard of RFB distributors out of San Antonio, FL? They have some really good pricing on the fence rail sets. Thanks!! Jim.

Jim McFarland
12-26-2010, 3:37 PM
I don't know if this data will help but I have a 50" (right) Biesmeyer on a Delta Unisaw with 13 7/8" left rip capacity with fence fully engaged on the tube. I could probably get another 1"+ to the left and still keep the fence square. Tube length for this is 84".

Jim O'Dell
12-26-2010, 3:53 PM
Thanks Jim. That pretty much confirms what I see with my 30" rip tube. Add the left and right figures, add 20" and that is the length of the tube. That's how I based my figures above. Since it holds true with 2 models, I think I'll be safe thinking that it will hold true for the others. Thanks for the info! Jim.