PDA

View Full Version : some pieces I've done lately

Harry Robinette
12-25-2010, 11:22 PM
These I've been working on the last couple of weeks,I just started coring with my Mcnaughton system.

joel nucifore
12-26-2010, 6:56 AM
Very cool ....
like the basket effect of nesting bowls.....

John Keeton
12-26-2010, 8:07 AM
Ahhhh.....coring! A whole sub-vortex in itself!!! Nice work on these Harry, and I particularly like the soft rolled rim on the first set. The wood on the last set is really neat!

Dan Cannon
12-27-2010, 11:20 AM
really nice collection there. I tend to like the deeper form. How do you like your coring system? I'm not in the market yet, but I think about it everytime I end up with a pile of shavings of once-beautiful wood. I've only done a few bowls, but the waste has bothered me a little each time. We'll see, maybe I'll look into coring some day.
By the way, I just noticed you're from Stow. I grew up and lived there until a few years ago, and still have family there. Good to see someone on here from "home".

Dan

Roger Chandler
12-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Ahhhh.....coring! A whole sub-vortex in itself!!! Nice work on these Harry, and I particularly like the soft rolled rim on the first set. The wood on the last set is really neat!

Keeton,

You had better watch viewing too many coring posts.............you know you got bitten by that Vortex bug pretty bad a little over a year ago.......and now this sub-vortex.........well, if you do get bitten again..........you're going to have to get a bigger lathe as well!:p:p:D

Jeff Rich
12-28-2010, 2:09 PM
Coring is cool! I bought my Mcnaughton early last year and cored about 10 blanks of various sizes with an average of 3 bowls per blank.
Some of the smaller bowls ended up as jam chucks for the various birdhouse, urn, cookie jars that Cheri turns.
Its fun and addictive!

Steve Schlumpf
12-28-2010, 2:37 PM
Nice series of bowls! Really like the wood of the last set!