PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the scoop on the new Bosch Router?

Michael Schneider
12-25-2010, 7:28 PM
I saw this on the Bosch page, and it looks like it is being released next month

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=MRC23EVSK

Anyone have any info on this router?

Thanks
Michael

Paul Wunder
12-25-2010, 8:23 PM
I saw the same pages and it looks like it will be a good router. This model was first announced by Wood Magazine at the end of 2009 when they named it one of the 10 best tools of 2010. What is very strange is that here we are, a year later, and it is still not available to the public. It makes me wonder if they had design or manufacturing problems that caused a delay.

Paul

Peter Pedisich
12-25-2010, 9:22 PM
I saw the same pages and it looks like it will be a good router. This model was first announced by Wood Magazine at the end of 2009 when they named it one of the 10 best tools of 2010. What is very strange is that here we are, a year later, and it is still not available to the public. It makes me wonder if they had design or manufacturing problems that caused a delay.

Paul

Well normally I don't like to speculate, but this time I will. It would not surprise me if they ran into unexpected delays with the manufacturing facilities so far from design and engineering, and if this were true I applaud Bosch for waiting to get it right.