PDA

View Full Version : The wood Santa

Dennis Simmons
12-25-2010, 6:36 PM
The wood Santa, down the road dropped off this Cherry stump. Any suggestions on how to cut it? The tool Santa dropped this chuck off, what a nice Christmas. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. :D

brian watts
12-25-2010, 8:59 PM
i got the same chuck and like it alot..

Clarence Miller
12-25-2010, 9:01 PM
My wife did wonderful this year. She got me the 25 yr DVD of all the Wood Magazine issues in PDF.

Don Alexander
12-25-2010, 11:36 PM
not really on the subject but i noticed in the picture of your chuck that its sitting on your laptop lid which is not a problem per se' if the box is empty but if the chuck is still in it thats a real good way to ruin your LCD screen on your laptop and those are very expensive to replace
a good habit toget into is never put anything on top of your laptop period then you won't forget :)

nice chunk of Cherry and a very nice Christmas present as well :)

joel nucifore
12-26-2010, 6:54 AM
I am seeing a nice hollow form on pic #3is the way I think I would go.......

George Guadiane
12-26-2010, 9:52 AM
I think I would go with a hollow form in this orientation:

Go in as far as you need to to get to the gnarly part. Better smaller and more beautiful than bigger and plain.

Dennis Simmons
12-26-2010, 12:55 PM
not really on the subject but i noticed in the picture of your chuck that its sitting on your laptop lid which is not a problem per se' if the box is empty but if the chuck is still in it thats a real good way to ruin your LCD screen on your laptop and those are very expensive to replace
a good habit toget into is never put anything on top of your laptop period then you won't forget :)

nice chunk of Cherry and a very nice Christmas present as well :)

The laptop does not work it is a plant, if some one breaks in my house they will take the laptop for sure, when wires are removed it starts a tracking device. I then go to my safe room, and get some guns, and go find them:)

Don Alexander
12-26-2010, 1:07 PM
hehe thats a pretty cool idea and i'm betting it would work pretty well too :)