PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed with Chinese laser cutter.

Vincent de Klerk
12-25-2010, 1:10 AM
I am “new” to this forum in the sense that this is my first contribution. I have been reading and learning a lot from all the threads posted here since I decided to purchase a laser cutting machine about six months ago. It feels like I know some of the members personally!
My experience was so positive and painless that I feel I have to share it with whoever is in the same predicament of having to choose between all these Chinese laser machines and cannot distinguish between the offers.
After reading a couple of horror stories of people that imported Chinese laser machines I did feel very apprehensive in going that route myself but my budget did not allow any other route. I decided that I will have to ready myself for some modifications and setup time if I decided to import this machine myself.
I contacted about 20 Chinese laser machine suppliers/manufacturers and it took me about 3 months and 100s of e-mails to whittle it down to about 2 suppliers. Eventually I decided to go with Shandong Shenhui Laser Science and Technology R&D CO as the sales lady, called Blanca Yan, was the most responsive with sending photos, manuals and answering my questions honestly and precisely. No e-mails were left unanswered. As this company is a manufacturer their price was also the best.
I eventually ordered an 80watt machine with cutting bed of 1200mmx 800mm. I also asked for a spare laser tube, lenses, mirrors and a honeycomb cutting table to be added to the order as I was unsure of the service I would get after buying the machine. Other parts/features that was included in the order was an upgrade chiller(CW-5000), upgrade exhaust blower(from 330w to 550w), a spare laser power supply, blade type cutting table, through the mirrors red dot pointer and motorized Z- axis with two spare sets of drive belts for the entire machine. A total of 12 spare belts. Another factor swaying me was the software that could cut straight from CoreDRAW and the Chenglish in the manual was not completely impossible to decipher.
As soon as the order was placed Blanca contacted me with the shipping arrangements and Bill of lading was sent in double quick time.
After about 5 weeks the machine arrived in a big crate. I was really surprised by the sturdy construction of the machine and the quality of the assembly and parts. The electrical layout was very neat and well secured.
As I expected I had to set the levels and relative alignment of the mirror holders so it was all on one plane and perpendicular to one another. After that the beam alignment was really easy to set up. I had to grease the screw threads that operated the up/down of the table and made some modification to the way the cutting table is fine tuned to level so the focus will be the same all over the cutting area. Please contact me for detailed specs on this modification, if you need it. That was it.
The software was a breeze to install and really easy to work after I spent an hour or two on Skype to Blanca with all my questions on how this and how that. (all text and no talk as I doubt we will understand one another if we have to speak)
My experience of importing this machine was painless largely due to the fantastic service and care that I received from Blanca at Shenhui Laser CO. I am extremely satisfied with the way this machine operates and would encourage anybody that wants to go this route to contact this lady at the company mentioned above. The service I got from her was better than what I get from some local suppliers. And all of the above for USD4500.00! Import duties and handling was a further USD1500.00.

Bruce Dorworth
12-25-2010, 1:43 AM
That's sounds very interesting. I am thinking about buying a very similar Laser through another person, but his price without all the extra part is about $9000.00. Can you post some pictures, and tell us more about your's? Did you get a rotary table?

Where are you located? Can you send me some contact info on this company?

Thanks,
Bruce

Vincent de Klerk
12-25-2010, 2:35 AM
I am in Cape Town ,South Africa. No rotary attachment but a wheelbarrow full of spares. I had a look at the invoice again and the actual price was USD4400.00 175097

Vincent de Klerk
12-25-2010, 3:31 AM
Contact info
Blanca Yan

Shandong Shenhui Laser Science and Technology R&D CO.,LTD
ADD: NO.16 Huanghe Road, Liaocheng City, Shandong, China
Tel:+86-635-8511078 (tel:+86-635-8511078) Fax:+86-635-8511101
Mobile +86-15806808779

Mike Null
12-25-2010, 7:05 AM
Vincent

Welcome to SMC and thanks for the report on your new laser. Keep us posted with your results and experiences.

Vincent de Klerk
12-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks Mike. I will try to be a regular contributer and report my experiences with this cutter. So far I am very happy.

Robert Walters
12-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi Vincent,

Congrats on your new laser, do you have any photos of items that you have cut/engraved?

In the 2nd pic you posted above...
On the right side, is that red wire the laser tube high voltage lead?
If so, you may want to prevent it from accidentally getting pinched in the door and energizing the cabinet with 10,000 volts.

Martin Boekers
12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Welcome Vincent!

We look forward to your posts.

How long have you been up and running?
What type of work are you focused on?

I hope this laser works well for you and support continues at this level.

Good luck,

Vincent de Klerk
12-25-2010, 1:26 PM
Thanks Martin
I have been running this,myfirst laser machine, for about 2 months. We use it mainly to cut flexible magnets and acrylic. I manufacture air filters for electronic equipment such as computers, workshop and laboratory equipment, that fits to the case by magnetic means. See my website at demcifilterdotcom. I have even made filters to keep dust ouit of this laser machine's electronics and filters to keep dust out of the chillers radiators. Thanks for the encouraging words and I am sure to give account of my experiences with this machine.

Rodne Gold
12-26-2010, 3:59 AM
Hiya Vincent, Im also in Cape Town , whereabouts are you situated?
I have 6 GCC machines , interested in importing a large format 100+ watt machine. Does this co aslo do bigger than yours?

Vincent de Klerk
12-26-2010, 5:25 AM
Hi Rodney
I am in Durbanville. Yes I think they do flatbed, cnc and just about the whole range. Feel free to give me a call or send me your phone no and I will call you . I can learn a lot from someone like you. 0792896873
Thanks

Larry Bratton
12-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Vincent, you are VERY fortunate to have Rodney close by. In case you don't know, he is an absolute wizard. They do beautiful work. Good luck with your new machine.

Vincent de Klerk
12-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Now thats my luck for you! Hope to meet Rodney some time. It will be an honor as I have been following this forum for about 6 months before finally jumping in. Some of the members feel like old friends as I have read a lot of their comments and remedies given to other members.

Rodne Gold
12-27-2010, 2:13 PM
Vincent , I live out your way , Plattekloof , my factory is in Goodwood. Im closed till 10/1 but I'm at home (021 9307723) if you want to chat Work no is (021 5924123)

Vincent de Klerk
12-27-2010, 2:19 PM
Thanks Rodney.
I will also only be back after New Years.

Bea Prince
01-07-2011, 9:30 AM
Hi Vincent,

Congrats for your new machine.
I imported also by myself my machine from China and I have the really same experiences. I got the machine, it passed almost a year and they are as helpful as they were before I bought it. I speak with my contact every day, not that I have problems with the machine but we became friends and as I'm new to lasering she gives me hints and tips every day. I had doubts and I was really worried before I got the machine but I can say I'm really satisfied with them.
Good luck with your new machine!
Bea

Vincent de Klerk
01-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Bea
I think that you get good and bad service everywhere. It is not exclusive to one country. Which company did you use?

Jorge Pease
04-08-2011, 2:37 PM
Vincent,

I have been in touch with Blanca taking your prompt. I am considering a 120W machine based on their recommendation for production cutting of wood. Are you still happy with your machine? Any changes in the way you feel about your purchase? Any difficulty with the software? I am new to lasers, I am good with instructions, if those are missing I wouldn't know where to start. Thanks for your feedback!!

Vincent de Klerk
04-08-2011, 4:27 PM
Jorge
I could not be happier. The machine is running smoothly and I have got to know the software a lot better. I cannot remember what it was like not having this machine. I am extremely happy with it. As to the instructions... Chinglish does not take too long to master. Everytime I had a query Blanca or a guy called Yarde was there to assist. I get better service from them than some local companies.