PDA

View Full Version : I've been greatly honored!

Lee Schierer
04-10-2003, 5:59 PM
Today I received in the mail my pre-approved membership in the Handyman Club of America along with a complimentary glue spreader and spaghetti sizer. I wanted to let all of you know of my good fortune so you can be watching your mail box for your membership kit.

I was getting really concerned because my old glue spreader was getting pretty worn. Now I can toss it and start using my new one.

They even gave me some address labels with their logo on them so I won't forget where I live.

Jim Stastny
04-10-2003, 6:01 PM
I'm like, soooooo jealous. I've always wanted my very own spaghetti sizer. I never know what size to use.

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-10-2003, 6:06 PM
A totally unprovoked Gloat! Shame on you Jim! :D
Hey, if you ain't gonna use that Spaghetti Sizer, I have first dibs! :p
Save the stickers for Christmas Cards! :eek:

Glenn Clabo
04-10-2003, 6:31 PM
Okay THAT's enough...that was a huge gloat and without a gloat quote it's a penalty! One minute in the box.

Jim Young
04-10-2003, 8:22 PM
I think I've been getting rooked. Don't ever recall getting one of the spaghetti sizers.

Steve Clardy
04-10-2003, 9:14 PM
Originally posted by Jim Young
I think I've been getting rooked. Don't ever recall getting one of the spaghetti sizers.

Last thing I won was a jacket 20 years ago. And it's WORE OUT!!!:( :( :(

Jim Baker
04-10-2003, 9:30 PM
Lee,

The last two years they sent me a drill bit size guage along with my specially selected pre approved membership card (at least I think it was them). Do you want to trade?

Ted Shrader
04-11-2003, 1:23 PM
Lee -

I initially mis-read your post. I somehow inserted a "three" in the text. I thought you were lucky enough to get three glue spreaders. I have to keep track of mine so I don't keep misplacing it.

Have you ever noticed that you have moved from "Charter" member to "New" member.

Maybe my new membership will be in the box today ! :D

Ted

Lee Schierer
04-11-2003, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by Ted Shrader
Lee -

Have you ever noticed that you have moved from "Charter" member to "New" member.

I was charter member when the club originally started. After my initial subscrition ran out, I didn't renew. I never got a single tool to evaluate. I still received my new charter member packages for several years. I sure miss those sanding pads. Mine are all worn out.

Now all I get are regular member packages. I guess they have all the charter members they need now.

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-11-2003, 3:13 PM
Ahhh!
So you finally got yours!
:D