PDA

View Full Version : Work Sharp 2000 and 3000 on sale Home Depot On-Line

Terry Welty
12-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Work Sharp 2000 and 3000’s on sale on Home Depot website. Not available in stores. 2000 for $32.25 and 3000 for $62.25. The 3000’s are out of stock, but I was told they are showing as being back in stock within 2 weeks. Don’t know how long the sale goes on though… Great Price!
:)
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/THDProductCompare?errorURL=ProductAttributeErrorVi ew&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&prodComp_0=100592903&prodComp_1=100592902&N=5yc1vZ1xg1Z365

Dan Hintz
12-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Just ordered the 2000, it now shows out of stock online, and even my order says it's backordered :( Still, if this comes in, it saves me another $70 over what I purchased it for from Sears. I'll be watching for the 3000 to come back into stock as that would save me another $120-130.

Ken Deckelman
12-24-2010, 1:01 PM
WOW, those are great prices!

Andrew Nemeth
12-24-2010, 2:25 PM
Anybody try to purchase one of these in store at these prices?

Terry Welty
12-24-2010, 4:28 PM
I called two stores. Both said they didn't stock them. Now the website shows both out of stock.

James Brandt
12-25-2010, 12:14 AM
No longer avalalble on line

DOUG ANGEL
12-26-2010, 7:44 PM
I just ordered one on line. They indicated that it was on back order, and would ship when available. Can't hurt to try!

Mike Henderson
12-26-2010, 11:25 PM
For that price, I'll try the 3000.

Mike

Ken Deckelman
12-28-2010, 1:26 PM
I guess the other thread got deleted?

Anyway, I just got this email from HD, but when I went to the website it still shows on B/O...I am guessing I won't be getting the WS3000 now afterall.

Dear Kenneth Deckelman,
Thank you for shopping at homedepot.com. Unfortunately, part or all of your order has been
canceled.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
For details, please see below:
Order Confirmation: W118205070
Order Date: Dec 26, 2010 9:30:28 AM EST
Qty Ordered Product Unit Price Qty Amount
Canceled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Work Sharp 3000 $249.00 1 $249.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan Hintz
12-28-2010, 1:55 PM
Ken,

the other thread is still there... see my last post in it to get your 3000.

Ken Deckelman
12-28-2010, 2:02 PM
Ken,

the other thread is still there... see my last post in it to get your 3000.

No sir...it's a gonner.

Dan Hintz
12-28-2010, 2:16 PM
No, sir, it's still there...
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?155582-Work-Sharp-3000-on-line-Home-Depot-for-62.25

Jim Laumann
12-28-2010, 2:16 PM
It's no longer available - when you click 'add to cart' the nasty gram shows up saying its a gonner.....

Jim

Ken Deckelman
12-28-2010, 2:25 PM
No, sir, it's still there...
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?155582-Work-Sharp-3000-on-line-Home-Depot-for-62.25

This is what I get when I click on it:

vBulletin Message

Ken Deckelman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1293564046-6b045b146a758e77751a2df10eb711d381114046) Home (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forum.php?)

Dan Hintz
12-28-2010, 2:28 PM
not really sure what to tell you guys... it works for me without issue. I notice both Jim and Ken are Members, not contributors... maybe the thread was moved to a Contributor-only forum?

Ken Deckelman
12-28-2010, 2:34 PM
not really sure what to tell you guys... it works for me without issue. I notice both Jim and Ken are Members, not contributors... maybe the thread was moved to a Contributor-only forum?

Doesn't really matter...what does is that the order was cancelled as I wrote in post #9.

Greg Labacz
12-28-2010, 3:06 PM
my order for the 3000 was canceled by HD

Russell Smallwood
12-28-2010, 3:07 PM
The thread was moved to deals and discounts which is a contributor-only forum

Norman Hitt
12-28-2010, 4:44 PM
My order for the 3000 was cancelled by HD troday also.

Neil Brooks
12-28-2010, 5:05 PM
Home Depot has decided that you were all spending money frivolously, and -- in consultation with your respective wives -- decided to help you save :D

[This IS pretty ridiculous, and is NOT helping them earn customer loyalty. Over on the ... um ... other WW website ... a fair number of people report the same thing. I tried, unsuccessfully, to place an order for the WS3000, this morning.

I really hope they honor the price for those who've been trying -- in good faith -- to buy the darned thing from them]

Victor Robinson
12-28-2010, 5:14 PM
Mine was nixed as well.

Matt Wolboldt
12-28-2010, 5:24 PM
So I called Home Depot; according to the rep Home Depot is not reordering the Worksharp at all. That's the reason why my backorder was cancelled at least.

Victor Robinson
12-28-2010, 5:27 PM
So I called Home Depot; according to the rep Home Depot is not reordering the Worksharp at all. That's the reason why my backorder was cancelled at least.

You mean they don't want to reorder more of them so they can sell them to us at a loss? Disappointing...

Dan Karachio
12-28-2010, 5:54 PM
I tried to tell everyone this was a mistake and why, but...

I am not the source of "inside information" from WorkSharp, but all you have to do is pick up the phone. From what I heard, HD did this on their own without ever talking to WorkSharp. As is quite obvious, this would not be a good move for any company to maintain a quality brand image or trust in existing customers. So, while I am sure this is really disappointing to anyone who placed an order, I would argue HomeDepot is 100% to blame. HomeDepot displayed an absurd (though typical) level of incompetence with this fiasco. Given this, are we sure we ever want HomeDepot to get into quality woodworking tools?

This is the second "too good to be true" online-sale-turned-big-oops I have seen posted here (and other places) in a few months. The 20" PowerMatic planer for $300 and now this. I'm looking forward to the next one. Kapex for $499.99? Lie Nieslen low angle jack for $49.95? SawStop 5hp cabinet saw for $675.00? Laguna 16" SUV for $500?... the possibilities are endless.

Russell Smallwood
12-28-2010, 6:31 PM
I tried to tell everyone this was a mistake and why, but...

I am not the source of "inside information" from WorkSharp, but all you have to do is pick up the phone. From what I heard, HD did this on their own without ever talking to WorkSharp. As is quite obvious, this would not be a good move for any company to maintain a quality brand image or trust in existing customers. So, while I am sure this is really disappointing to anyone who placed an order, I would argue HomeDepot is 100% to blame. HomeDepot displayed an absurd (though typical) level of incompetence with this fiasco. Given this, are we sure we ever want HomeDepot to get into quality woodworking tools?

This is the second "too good to be true" online-sale-turned-big-oops I have seen posted here (and other places) in a few months. The 20" PowerMatic planer for $300 and now this. I'm looking forward to the next one. Kapex for $499.99? Lie Nieslen low angle jack for $49.95? SawStop 5hp cabinet saw for $675.00? Laguna 16" SUV for $500?... the possibilities are endless.

You know, personally, I didn't try to purchase one of these things but I don't blame a single person who did. And I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the people who did threw in the disclaimer signifying that they understood it may not be a real thing.

There were some that actually did get one, and some did not but I'm pretty sure there is not a single person on this forum that is surprised at the outcome.

So what exactly is it that you "tried to tell everyone" that we didn't already know?

Sorry, but I don't like feeling as though I'm being scolded on a semi-public recreational Internet forum.

William Lai
12-28-2010, 6:40 PM
So WorkSharp is in the "Good Business" camp again? Just trying to keep track!

Jim Fay
12-28-2010, 6:43 PM
Mine just was canceled as well. Oh well back to the stones

Dan Karachio
12-28-2010, 6:49 PM
Sorry, but I don't like feeling as though I'm being scolded on a semi-public recreational Internet forum.

Then don't feel that way.

Dan Hintz
12-28-2010, 7:24 PM
Oi vey! MY ordered WS2000 was sitting on my doorstep when I came home today.

As I posted in the other thread (short version this time), if you received a confirmation # (i.e., your order went through, but was backordered), you can get the same price you ordered it for when they get their next shipment in. The rep said wait for the stock to be refilled, then call web customer service and provide your order number. They'll honor the price.

Lloyd McKinlay
12-28-2010, 8:14 PM
Oi vey! MY ordered WS2000 was sitting on my doorstep when I came home today.

As I posted in the other thread (short version this time), if you received a confirmation # (i.e., your order went through, but was backordered), you can get the same price you ordered it for when they get their next shipment in. The rep said wait for the stock to be refilled, then call web customer service and provide your order number. They'll honor the price.

Dan, you might check my response in the other thread. Home Depot specifically said, in writing, the price would not be honored.

Ken Deckelman
12-28-2010, 8:29 PM
Oh well...I just found one local on CL for $100, I offered $75 and we agreed on $85-will pick up tomorrow. Used very little...

Peter Aeschliman
12-29-2010, 1:10 AM
Then don't feel that way.

Wow Dan, this ordeal sure has seemed to hit a sensitive nerve.

Terry Welty
12-29-2010, 7:30 AM
Here is what I received... this was after I was told I could get it when the stock was replenished...

Thank you for your email to The Home Depot Online Customer Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Unfortunately, the item 100592902 - Work Sharp 3000 from order
number W118209800 has become unavailable while your order was being
processed.

We have cancelled the item from your order, because the item was
oversold and no additional stock is available this item will not be back
in stock. Please note, your credit card will not be billed.

However, if you locate a similar item to the Work Sharp 3000 we will be
glad to honor the sales price for that item.

Please contact our Home Depot Online customer support at 1-800-430-3376
(option 2, option 2 again) between 6am and 2am eastern time. One of our
customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email
or call us at the Online Customer Support Online and a agent will be
glad assist you.

Dan Hintz
12-29-2010, 7:49 AM
Terry,

That's essentially what I was told by the rep, only I was more specific about getting the same item when they were restocked. Maybe they'll never get any more in, but then I won't really care at that point...

Paul Wunder
12-29-2010, 8:17 AM
I also got canceled by Home Depot after they accepted my order, then sent me a back order notice and followed by a cancellation notice without any explanation. I got annoyed and called HD customer service and insisted on an explanation of their actions. After receiving no information from the CS rep I escalated the call to the manager of the Plano, TX facility. After a long discussion he agreed to take 50% off of a comparable item, so I picked up their new R2401 trim router for $49.99 with free shipping. Apparently they had a software glitch which allowed their system to take orders well after their inventory was exhausted. I suspected that what was what happened, but I asked the manager if he didn't think that HD should purchase additional WS3000's to cover their error and make the customer happy. That's when he agreed to my one time discount.

Paul

Larry Whitlow
12-29-2010, 5:19 PM
My confirmed order was also cancelled. The HD rep says this was a clearance (which is obvious from the price). They were clearing them out and do not intend to bring in any new stock to cover the orders. The problem was a disconnect with their ordering and inventory system. The system accepting and confirming more orders than they had product on the shelves. Not the best practice, but I'm sure an honest mistake. It sounds like they are flooded with calls.

James White
12-29-2010, 5:36 PM
Something tells me that that is not the entire truth. Only because when the item originally sold out you could no longer place it in your cart. However later that day or the next day you could place an order as a back ordered item. That doesn't sound like an automated glitch to me.

Not only that but when I called prior to getting the cancellation. I was told that they were expecting more in within the next two weeks.

Sounds like someone rocked the boat over at Work Sharp. Leading them in to taking action. Pure speculation of coarse. But there is someone on this list with "inside information".

James