PDA

View Full Version : One year anniversary - Thanks Folks, and Merry Christmas!

John Keeton
12-24-2010, 7:08 AM
My recollection was that my first bowl/dish was turned on December 24, 2009, but when I found the thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?127823-Got-the-chuck!-The-first-bowl-dish/page3), it was December 22!! So, I am somewhat late with this.

Nonetheless, I want to thank each and every one of you for graciously accepting me into your midst, and for so freely imparting your knowledge. I have had a boatload of fun, and I have learned so much from you. This is a great group of folks!

It has been a wild ride, and I have enjoyed every minute! My wish is that each of you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!!

This was my first effort - a little cherry dish 4.75" x 1". The vortex - it is so deep, and so unexplored!!!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=135971&d=1261533586&thumb=1 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=135971&d=1261533586) http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=135973&d=1261533627&thumb=1 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=135973&d=1261533627)

Joe Mioux
12-24-2010, 7:23 AM
John, I hope you have a Merry Christmas. You are an inspiration. I always enjoy reading your posts, but more importantly seeing all the interesting turnings you produce. They are lovely examples of art.

Tony Greenway
12-24-2010, 7:50 AM
John, I too enjoy seeing your postings, they are an inspiration to us all. I especially admire the honest opinions that you offer people about their pieces. The only way that someone can improve their skills is to get some actual feedback(good and bad) relayed back to them.

Roger Chandler
12-24-2010, 7:55 AM
Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. K! Amazing what can be accomplished in a year!

Tim Thiebaut
12-24-2010, 8:01 AM
Merry christmas John!

Allen stagg
12-24-2010, 8:04 AM
I love what you did with the bottom. Nice bowl, but the bottom is really unique.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2010, 8:07 AM
You've come far Pilgrim....You've come far!

Merry Christmas to you and yours John. May you have a blessed New Year!

Ken Hill
12-24-2010, 8:16 AM
Congrats John, you are an inspiration to many of us no matter how long you have been turning. Your postings are amongst the first I look for when I log in!

Bernie Weishapl
12-24-2010, 8:57 AM
John you have come far in a short time. Thank you to you and your wife for a wonderful visit when the wife and I stopped by. I hope to stop by again next year when we head down to North Carolina for our nieces graduation. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful Christmas.

Jeff Nicol
12-24-2010, 10:13 AM
John, You have went from just a "LEG MAN" to one of the great inspirations on SMC! Your skills, passion, and attention to detail along with being an absolute nice guy have brought you to the forfront of the turning world! We are blessed to have you in our midst and will enjoy your next year of creativity with bated breath!

Merry Christmas and a blessed future to you and yours,

Jeff

Alan Trout
12-24-2010, 10:20 AM
John,

You have a tremendous amount of natural talent, vision, and artistry. It has been a pleasure looking at your creations.

Alan

Nate Davey
12-24-2010, 10:21 AM
John,

Thank God you found that "One Post". Thank you for free sharing your experience and knowledge and continuing to produce the wonderful works of art you are renown for. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Steve Schlumpf
12-24-2010, 10:22 AM
John - Merry Christmas! It has been an amazing year and you have really taken to this turning thing! Thanks for sharing the journey! Looking forward to seeing where it takes you!

The very Best of New Years to you and yours!

Tim Rinehart
12-24-2010, 10:27 AM
A very Merry Christmas John. As others have said, your posts and replies are always welcomed for inspiration or just honest courteous advice.
I am with others who can't wait to see your next project(s), knowing they will explore ever increasing levels of creativity and attention to details and composition.

Look forward to an opportunity to travel thru KY to visit you sometime! You have an open invite should you ever come down by Charlotte, NC.

Happy Holidays to you and Mrs. K, from my wife and I.:)

gary Zimmel
12-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Merry Xmas to you and Eileen from Geri and I John!
Thanks for taking us for the ride on your first year in the Vortex. It sure has been amazing.
It really gives someone like me something to shoot for...
Looking forward to seeing what comes out of the "Keeton Kitchen" in 2011...

Rick Robbins
12-24-2010, 10:44 AM
you Have done incredible stuff in the Last year. i Hope to turn bowl's like you one day. lot's to Learn first. excited to be taking classes up at woodcraft in Seattle Learn what i can this summer. way different than my Game call's. i love this Place. and i Really liked your Write up in the Magazine nice. you and every one else enjoy Christmas. Rick

Ron Stadler
12-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Nice looking bowl John, Merry christmas.

Lee Koepke
12-24-2010, 11:10 AM
One year .... you do very fine work. I hope to be half as good this time next year!

Thanks for your encouragement John, have a Merry Christmas.

Greg Just
12-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Merry Christmas John. Keep that first bowl forever and look back at it periodically to remind yourself how far you have come. You do beautiful work and you inspire the rest of us to excel! Thanks for an enjoyable year.

Greg

Mark Hubl
12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Happy Anniversary John. Glad that you joined the fray. As you have learned, you have inspired. One can only hope your sophomore year around hear will be as rewarding and inspiring. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

Michael James
12-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Merry Christmast to you and yours. I really appreciate who you are, what you do, and your willingness to encourage the rest of us in our development. You are fortunate in many ways - may your fortune continue all through the holidays and next yr! Thanks for your support and friendship.
Michael

ps that is a beautiful bowl, btw.

Steven DeMars
12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
A big Merry Christmas to you and yours . . .

Please tell me that was NOT your first bowl . . . if so, you just went from inspiration to perspiration . . .

Also, would you share your really neat signature method on the bottom of your "really nice" bowl . . .

Take care,
Steve

David DeCristoforo
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
John, not only have your pieces become more refined, you have been unbelievably supportive of and taken genuine pleasure in the successes of others who have "taken the plunge" . This is one of the primary qualities of Maslow's "self actualizer". I think you qualify!

charlie knighton
12-24-2010, 12:16 PM
John, thanks for the knowledge you shared, happy holidays to you and yourne

Scott Hackler
12-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Merry Christmas John. Been a fun year. Next year will be even better!

Fred Perreault
12-24-2010, 1:28 PM
John, it is easy to love you, your sincerity, and your creations. You are an inspiration. But, what I have been wondering is..... where the heck did you come by it all?

David E Keller
12-24-2010, 1:33 PM
Merry Christmas! I continue to appreciate your turnings and your honest, focused feedback about my turnings and others. I hope you and yours continue to experience good health and happiness in the new year... And I hope you have more burl than you can turn!

David Warkentin
12-24-2010, 6:05 PM
Merry Christmas from me too!!! David

Mark Eisen
12-24-2010, 6:29 PM
Merry Christmas John, I hope you have a great one.

Cathy Schaewe
12-24-2010, 6:53 PM
John, I cannot even begin to imagine what you will be producing in another year - but I know it will be phenomenal!
Let me echo the many thanks expressed here for your tireless encouragement, gentle critiques, and unflagging enthusiasm for this unending obsession. I know that I have benefited enormously from those things, as have all the others here.

Merry Christmas!

Harry Robinette
12-24-2010, 7:18 PM
John
Everyone has said it all and it comes from me to.
Thank you and a very merry Christmas and Happy and Great New Year to you and yours.
Harry

Jim Burr
12-24-2010, 7:29 PM
I always appreciate your wisdom and quality of the work you put forth. Warmest Christmas blessings to you and your family!

Jim Underwood
12-24-2010, 7:53 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year John! It's amazing how far you've come in one year. Congratulations! We look forward to more creations and commentary from a genuine gentleman.

Steve Vaughan
12-24-2010, 7:55 PM
and Merry Christmas to you and the family John. Thanks for a year of inspiration to you, and to all the others on this site. You all are awesome! Every last one of you! Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

John Keeton
12-24-2010, 7:58 PM
I appreciate so much the wonderful wishes and kind words, but it is to each of you that thanks is due. Without all of you, I would still believe the world was flat!:eek:

I truly do want to thank each of you for providing the great exchange of ideas, the wonderful fellowship, and the unending encouragement you offer not only to me, but to all that end up on this side of SMC.

You are great folks!

Roland Martin
12-24-2010, 8:11 PM
Congratulations, John. It's been a great year here on the Creek and getting sucked into the vortex. I personally appreciate all that you share with us and wish you and
your loved ones the absolute best for the coming year, and Merry Christmas!

brian watts
12-24-2010, 8:50 PM
John, I too enjoy seeing your postings kept them comming

Rich Greinert
12-24-2010, 9:12 PM
John, you're an inspiration. Merry Christmas.

Baxter Smith
12-24-2010, 9:26 PM
Number 1 still looks good John. Congratulations on an amazing year and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Dick Mahany
12-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Merry Christmas to all and thank you for the teaching, inspirations and ideas from all who contribute here !!!

Don Alexander
12-25-2010, 1:47 AM
Have an awesome Christmas and thanks for all the input John

that goes for all the rest of you too :)

y'all are the BEST !!!

Brian Libby
12-25-2010, 6:47 AM
Great forum --- MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Harvey Ghesser
12-25-2010, 8:17 AM
John,

What everyone else said. Merry Christmas!

Harv

Tom Winship
12-25-2010, 8:58 AM
John, I think the number of replies to your post in a 24 hour period is prima facie (how do you like that lawyer term?) evidence of the feelings of all who read your posts, follow your advice, and see your daily efforts making this forum what it is.
I will not make my first bowl in 2010, but will in 2011. I hope my skill and accomplishments will be half as good as yours.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from central Texas.

Curt Fuller
12-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Happy Anniversary John! And than you for all you've added to forum!

Doug W Swanson
12-25-2010, 7:45 PM
Hey John,
Merry Christmas to you! With all of your beautiful projects, I find it amazing that you have only been turning for a year. It looks like you've been doing it for a lifetime!

Keep it up! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Quinn McCarthy
12-25-2010, 8:33 PM
John,

Glad to have you around. Seems like it has been longer than a year. Have a great xmas.

Quinn

Tom Hamilton
12-25-2010, 8:35 PM
John, congratulations on your first year in the Vortex. Actually, I'm stunned to learn it's only been one year. You have obviously found another outlet for your creativity and skills.

What a wonderful gift at this stage of your life.

2011 will no doubt be another remarkable year for your turning and I can't wait to see the posts.

Merry Christmas,

Tom, in Douglasville, where it is snowing on Christmas for the first time since 1886!