PDA

View Full Version : Gift Card Mini-Gloat

Kelly C. Hanna
01-06-2005, 12:17 AM
I got two gift cards for XMAS and both were from Rockler. Since it rained today and we were off, I dropped by for an hour picking out goodies. Here's what I got...

http://www.hannawoodworks.com/rockler1.jpg

Got the Sander Sitter, a project calculator, the Gripper push block system, a
magnetic measuring tape holder and a cool little corner chisel.

BTW, the Gripper is only $39.95 right now at Rockler and the Sander Sitter is $9.95. All totalled the bill was $101.70...minus the 2 $50 gift cards....$1.70 out the door.

My Christmas is now complete. :)

Ted Shrader
01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Kelly -

That was a good haul! You are really going to like the Grrripper.

Ted

Tyler Howell
01-06-2005, 2:48 PM
Kelly,
Have you tested the tape holder yet?? I need something. Ususally by the time I get to the top of a ladder the tape unclips itself and plunges to the floor.:o

John Miliunas
01-06-2005, 7:55 PM
And a happy "Ho, Ho" to you, Kelly! Nice choices and that IS a great price on the Grrrrripppppper!:D Wish we had a Rockler closer to us, as I could use a second grippy thing myself. Enjoy!:cool:

Kelly C. Hanna
01-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Tyler....tried it today and it needs work. The tape and the screw both got mangled on the 5th dismount. I guess one could epoxy it, but the next tape down the road (we're hard on 'em) would necessitate a new tape holder at $10. Not sure it's worth it...might try a bigger screw tomorrow and see if it works better, but the tape is not necessary and should be instantly removed.

I can't wait to get the Gripper assembled and into the tray on the TS...sure is going to be nice to be able to control both pieces past the blade.