PDA

View Full Version : Peter Galbert Chairmaking Class

Steve Kirincich
12-23-2010, 8:58 PM
Hello,
Has anyone ever taken a chair making class with Peter Galbert? It is quite obvious that he is an accomplished chair maker, but I would like to know how he interacts with his students. Thanks.

Steve

Lloyd Parker
12-24-2010, 8:16 AM
I took a continous arm class with him last year. He is an awesome teacher. We had around 10 or 11 in our class and I had plenty of one-on-one time as needed. I had no chairmaking experience prior to going to the class and I was comfortable and able to keep up throughout the class. I have a wonderful chair at home now and bent arms to make four more (now I just need some turned legs). By the way these things are addictive.

Jim Crammond
12-24-2010, 9:22 AM
Steve,

I don't think you can go wrong taking a class with Peter. I have taken a number of classes over the years and without a doubt he is the best teacher of all I've taken classes from. I've taken two class from him, a stool class a couple of years ago and a Continuous Arm class last year. He has spent a lot of time thinking through all of the processes that go into making a Windsor Chair and is excellent at explaining them. As Lloyd said, he is very willing to take the time to explain everything in detail and to answer any questions that any student has.

Jim