PDA

View Full Version : Two cool new hand tools

Tom Walz
12-23-2010, 12:35 PM
The new roaster oven came without the two screws to fasten the handle so I went over to Tacoma Screw Products.

They found the right two screws and handed me a screwdriver to put them in. It was a Megapro ratcheting screwdriver and it was smooth. I had seen them before and passed because it looked like just an ordinary ratcheting screwdriver. It’s not. It is a little expensive but I think the quality is worth it. It also comes with 6 different combination bits built into the handle.

I bought the megapro then the guys said I had to try the Proto Blackhawk 3/8” Drive Rotator Ratchet. Beautifully built and you can set it up so that it moves the head the same way no matter which way you move the handle. You can also use it like a standard ratchet.

Both are pretty cool tools. Neither one would qualify but both are very ergonomic with no slop. I was amazed at how well the #2 Phillips head fit the #2 Phillips screw.

Proto Blackhawk 3/8” Drive Rotator Ratchet
Megapro ratcheting screwdriver

This recommendation is written from the standpoint of an old guy who recently blew out his right (dominant) shoulder and who has way too many projects scratched by slipping tools.

Happy Holidays to you and yours

Tom

Jim Heffner
12-23-2010, 2:27 PM
Can you post a picture of the tool(s) and the special screw you encountered, might to reference that for future usage myself?

Scott Donley
12-23-2010, 4:01 PM
Tacoma Screw is the best ! Has never failed me for finding the odd fastener I can't find elsewhere. Next time I'm in there I will have to take a look at the driver, sounds nice.