PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt cordless drill

Steve Ash
01-05-2005, 8:57 PM
I bought a Dewalt 18V Cordless drill about 4 years ago (958 I believe is the model number) about 6 months ago one of the batteries kind of exploded, today the other battery started to smell and it also bulged at the seams and is no good either. Anyone else have this problem?

Lamar Horton
01-05-2005, 10:48 PM
I have one it's about five or six years old and never had any problems with the batteries until recently when I had to replace them because they would not hold a charge anymore.

Rob Russell
01-06-2005, 6:43 AM
I have a Dewalt 18v drill (and saw and flashlight). I had a battery cook recently. There was a recall several years ago on an older model of the 18v charger that would cook batteries and could cause fires. I had one of the recalled models, but never had a problem - until this summer when it cooked the battery. Call Dewalt - they should replace both batteries and give you a new charger (I hope you didn't throw away the other battery!).

Steve Ash
01-06-2005, 7:55 AM
Bob, I am going to look in my jobsite trailer today and see if I still have it....thanks for the advice, I'll call today.

Tyler Howell
01-06-2005, 8:03 AM
There was a safety notice that came out in the past year about DeWalt Bat. I think it even passed through the Creek. I'll see if I can find it.

Perry Schmidt
01-07-2005, 1:18 AM
I had this happen a few years back w/ my 14.4V. It was the charger, not the batteries. The sad part is it was cheaper to buy a new drill w/ two batteries and charger than it was to replace them individually. Ah well...

Perry