PDA

View Full Version : a few more ornaments

Dan Cannon
12-23-2010, 8:10 AM
Ornaments #'s 3,4 and 5. I made these for gifts at a Christmas party I was going to, and had a great time doing it!! Sorry for the lousy pictures, I was snapping them as we were headed out the door. They're all finished with spray lacquer, with the exception of the bulb portion on the one in the middle (and the second picture) which was finished with CA. It turned out great, much better than the pictures show.
Thanks for looking.
C&C always welcome.
Dan

John Keeton
12-23-2010, 8:35 AM
Dan, those are some of the nicer ornaments I have seen posted this year! Very well done - love the detailing on the icicles. Great work!

Gregory Myers
12-23-2010, 8:52 AM
Dan,

Those are awesome ornaments! There are so many people here when I see their projects that I ask how do they do that. For instance I ask, how do you get the points so skinny without breaking? Wow, very nice.

Merry Christmas...Greg

Bernie Weishapl
12-23-2010, 9:22 AM
Dan those are beauties for sure. Very nice details on the icicles.

dan carter
12-23-2010, 9:48 AM
Good job. Very nice.

Dan Cannon
12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, these have been really fun to do, and their recipients seemed to like them. Now that Christmas ornament season is almost over, I need to start acquiring some tools (other than my skew, scraper and roughing gouge) so that I can start making some other forms. Maybe I'll mix in a few to put finials on, I don't want to stop learning the finial-type turnings quite yet. Thanks again for looking

James Combs
12-23-2010, 4:00 PM
I really like turning similar ornaments and the little birdhouses too. These are especially nice.

Steve Schlumpf
12-23-2010, 4:26 PM
Nice work on all your ornaments! I can see why they were a big hit at your party! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Matt Ranum
12-23-2010, 6:49 PM
Those look great! I especially like the single one, whether its the picture or not I like how radial grain accents run across the diagonal. Now that my busy season is about done maybe I can finally get back to my shop and play with this stuff.