PDA

View Full Version : Launch Photos

Bruce Page
01-05-2005, 7:58 PM
Here’s a couple or released photos from our Dec 14<SUP>th</SUP> launch out of Kodiak. As you can see from the second photo, it was a dark & stormy night. I watched it for about 16 seconds before it disappeared into the clouds, I could hear it for a lot longer. If we had launched on the crystal clear night before, we would have been able to watch it all the way to the horizon and likely would have seen all three stages separate – oh well, maybe next time.

Tyler Howell
01-05-2005, 8:17 PM
Wow Bruce Congrats!

You worked hard on this one.

Boyd Gathwright
01-05-2005, 8:59 PM
.... Nice clean shots Bruce ;).

Boyd

Here’s a couple or released photos from our Dec 14<SUP>th</SUP> launch out of Kodiak. As you can see from the second photo, it was a dark & stormy night. I watched it for about 16 seconds before it disappeared into the clouds, I could hear it for a lot longer. If we had launched on the crystal clear night before, we would have been able to watch it all the way to the horizon and likely would have seen all three stages separate – oh well, maybe next time.

Joe Mioux
01-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Bruce:

You have way too much at work, don't you?!!!:)

Randy Moore
01-06-2005, 7:05 AM
Bruce
It looks like all your hard work paid off to get it launched. I would have liked to have seen that go up at night.
One of these days I am going to get down to watch a Space Shuttle get off, if they get the program going again, and I would like to see one go at night.
Thanks for the pics.
Randy

Bruce Page
01-06-2005, 9:30 AM
Thanks guys. Watching it launch was pretty cool but it was a lot of work getting there.:eek:

For some kind of scale, I should have mentioned that the little knob to the left in picture 2 is a 170' tall support building for pad #1.