PDA

View Full Version : Last Presents

Lee Koepke
12-22-2010, 10:01 PM
whew ... thats it. The last of my Christmas presents .... its amazing what I was able to turn out.

The tall salt - n - pepper shakers are for my Admin Asst at the office, the smaller set is for my Mom. I had a cut-off, so I made my folks a wine stopper too (added the monogram)

The screwdriver is for my Dad, its from the spalted oak I used for my first bottle stopper!

Being my folks, they wont worry about the ever present flaws from a first try ;)

Merry Christmas all, thanks for dragging me into this !!!

Tom Wilson66
12-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Sure is nice to get the final presents done, isn't it. :cool: Actually got all my turnings done in time, also, but still have a few toys to make for my grandson:p. Have a Merry Christmas.

Brent Grooms
12-23-2010, 5:00 AM
Lee, nice job on all of them!

John Keeton
12-23-2010, 6:44 AM
Lee, you have really taken well to this turning thing! Nice laminations (that is the flatwork showing through!), and the monogram is a nice touch - where did you obtain it, or did you do the inlay?

Lee Koepke
12-23-2010, 8:55 AM
Thanks.

John, I used a little wooden disk that my wife had picked up at Hobby Lobby. She ended up with a huge bag of letters so I put them to good use! The first one I tried a forstner bit, but that didnt work out very well, so this one (the K) I just used the lathe. Marked the disk and turned out the recess. Glued it in, sanded, few coats of spray poly.

Bernie Weishapl
12-23-2010, 9:20 AM
Lee those are some great looking turnings. I like the inlay on the top with the K. Looks like you are taking to this turning stuff.