PDA

View Full Version : LH Spindle 1 inch 8 thread

Rob Mathis
12-22-2010, 7:37 PM
I have been looking to make a hand wheel for my old Delta. Every time I find one on Ebay I end up being out bid. Does anyone here have a source where I can get a 1 inch LH thread nut or face plate?

Brian Libby
12-22-2010, 7:42 PM
Try online at MSCDIRECT or ENCO.

Rob Mathis
12-22-2010, 8:22 PM
The problem with MSC is there is 25 minimum quantity.

This ends being about 24 more then i need.

Phil Joines
12-22-2010, 10:01 PM
If you have a professional hardware store like Denton Bolt Supply local they might have a nut in stock. Or some of the faceplate suppliers like Don Pencil can make one for you.

Rodney Walker
12-22-2010, 10:19 PM
You can try McMaster Carr's website, I've placed one small order over the phone with them and they were very helpful. You can also order online.

kenneth walker
12-22-2010, 10:31 PM
go to your local machine shop and have one turned.

Harry Robinette
12-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Try contacting General they make 1 x 8 l/h hand wheels for the general 160 lathes if not they make a l/h 3" face plate.I used the face plate ( there cheaper )as a handle on mine.
Harry

Jeff Nicol
12-23-2010, 8:03 AM
Fastenal should have one and they will sell you 1 or 1000 of whatever you are looking for and most times if you have a local store they can have it the next day if you have to order one from the warehouse. Here is one that I found quickly.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0169071&ucst=t

Good luck,

Jeff

Ken Fitzgerald
12-23-2010, 8:38 AM
Try your local Ace Hardware. When I bought a new grinder one nut holding a wheel on was mismanufactured. The hole and resultant threads in the nut were not perpendicular to the face surface of the nut. Thus the wheel was allowed to wobble when spinning. OF COURSE...it was the left-handed thread nut that was poorly made. I found a replacement at a local Ace Hardware. I am extremely lucky, however. There are a number of wood mills and paper mills in the area and a very large and well equiped bolt and chain company is headquartered locally. That would have been my next attempt. Ace was closer.