PDA

View Full Version : A Gift for My Sister-Cherry Fretwork Box-SMC resources utilized

Larry Bratton
12-22-2010, 7:25 PM
Here is fret box I made for my sister's Christmas gift. It is made from some beautiful cherry that I bought from George Perzel (member), the box was created with Lee DeRaud's Finger Box Visual Basic macro, the pattern is actually a scroll saw pattern that I modified from Steve Good the scroll saw guy. (I get one of his patterns every day, great resource although I don't think he is a member here.) The contents of the box is homemade Biscotti with white chocolate icing made by my wife! I hope my sister likes it, if not she can return it :)

Peter Odell
12-22-2010, 7:28 PM
That looks great

Martin Boekers
12-22-2010, 7:32 PM
Great Work!

I some how think she isn't going to return this!

Jiten Patel
12-23-2010, 4:54 AM
Really nice. Looks really good.

Ross Lowry
12-23-2010, 8:04 AM
Looks very nice Larry!

David Fairfield
12-24-2010, 3:19 PM
Nice meeting of old fashioned design and high tech execution. The contents sound pretty nice too.

Dave

Dee Gallo
12-24-2010, 4:15 PM
How could she NOT like it? A beautiful box and food to boot - made by family members just for her? That's what I call a bonus gift!

Happy holidays, dee

Larry Bratton
12-24-2010, 4:57 PM
How could she NOT like it? A beautiful box and food to boot - made by family members just for her? That's what I call a bonus gift!

Happy holidays, dee
She has received it and is very happy with it. Said it was going on the coffee table where everyone could see it! The Biscotti went over well also. Everyone is happy, me especially because she is a hard person to buy for.
Merry Christmas!

Dee Gallo
12-24-2010, 5:19 PM
Good for you, Larry! Now it's going to be a challenge to surpass yourself next year... hahaha it's a vicious cycle. As a person who has always made cards and presents for people, I know. Once I even got a phone call from my brother asking if I was mad at him because I BOUGHT him a birthday card. sheesh. And I even altered the card, it just seemed like a perfect background for his card...