PDA

View Full Version : Bought training CD for Photograv to learn engraving. Anyone else have it?

Robert E Miller
12-22-2010, 7:13 PM
I am not impressed with it so far. Although it has alot of info I prefer animated demo's so I can see things work instead of a power point presentation. It has pop ups that say live demo B1 B2 B3 etc but how the heck do I play them if thats the case. I tried with no luck and searched the disk for any demo's. Hum..... Anyone else buy this?
My new laser is suppose to be here on the 31st so I am trying to learn enough to be dangerous. I ordered all kinds of different materials to play with too.

Bill Cunningham
12-23-2010, 9:31 PM
Have you got Corel Draw? That's going to be the biggest learning curve by far!

AL Ursich
12-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Joining ARA.org and buying the Corel Training CD's is what I did plus went to 4 years of ARA Shows. A Great way to start.

Good Luck in your new Laser Adventure.

AL

Kevin Huffman
12-27-2010, 1:57 PM
PhotoGrav is a photo processing software, it doesn't actually allow you send directly to the laser. You use this to prepare your photo to get it into laser language, it is very unique because it tells you what power/speed setting to use once the image has been processed. Otherwise you would have to know your machine/material well enough to know these settings.

You will need a design software like Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD or something similar to send the image to the laser. We use a flexi sign based program called Laser Master with ours.

Martin Boekers
12-27-2010, 3:52 PM
One thing to remember is if you look at the "engraved file" it won't look right as it is converted.

The first thing when I saw was the file and said this ain't goona work. But it did and the engraving was nice!