PDA

View Full Version : Custom Perpetual Plaque

Liesl Dexheimer
12-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I have a potential customer who may want a custom perpetual plaque. Any recommendations of companies that may do this kind of work? I was thinking of Big Sky Woodcrafters but have never dealt with them before...

Kathy Madan
12-22-2010, 2:14 PM
We use Big Sky Woodcrafters all the time. They are great people.

Martin Boekers
12-22-2010, 2:53 PM
Thanks for the tip on Big Sky, I haven't dealt with them before but they have some products I will try out.

Finally an award dealer that supplies solid surface materials!
It's amazing I haven't found more.

I just started dealing with Moslow Wood Products also, they have a nice selection of items and do fabrication
in house. Also Made in USA.

I have added about 20 more items in the last 2 months of made in USA products. I now carry about 90 items.
It's not an easy journey though.

Marty

Ross Moshinsky
12-22-2010, 4:07 PM
Why not make your own? Buy plates from JDS. Then layout the setup of the plates in Corel and let the laser plot them. Then take a drill/screw gun and finish it off. Not that complicated.

Mike Null
12-22-2010, 4:55 PM
I agree with Ross. With your design talent you can do better than most suppliers.

Martin, I use Moslow too, but give them plenty of time. They don't work fast.

Martin Boekers
12-22-2010, 5:24 PM
Thanks Mike,

So far things have been good, but then to them I'm still a new acct!

Liesl Dexheimer
12-23-2010, 3:43 PM
Funny you mention designing a plaque by myself...after I posted this I thought maybe I should just buy a board and fabricate my own perp plaque. I just may end up doing that.

Mike Null
12-23-2010, 3:50 PM
A word to the wise---do your layout in Corel and laser the hole locations rather than using a jig. Much more accurate. I use a Dremel tool for drilling the holes.