PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Woodline Longworth Chuck

Steve Stram
12-21-2010, 9:26 PM
Hi,

I was at a local WoodWorking Show last weekend and saw that the Woodline booth had a Longworth Chuck made of phenolic. It seemed to work smooth, but you wouldn't bring a pig to a show.

Anybody tried one?

I made one couple years ago from MDO, but the results weren't too spectacular.

Steve.

John Keeton
12-21-2010, 9:36 PM
Steve, our local Woodcraft is selling them, and I looked at one while at our last club meeting there. Seemed very well made, but no one had any experience with it. I have seen a couple of positive writeups on them.

Kyle Iwamoto
12-22-2010, 11:08 AM
How much are they? I'm getting interested in a longworth.

Richard Bell CA
12-22-2010, 11:40 AM
They had them at the recent woodworking show. As John said, they appear to be pretty well made. They are designed to be gripped in a scroll chuck.

http://www.woodline.com/p-2564-longworth-style-chucks.aspx

Richard

Richard Bell CA
12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Here are a couple of photos of the Woodline Longworth chuck, I think this is the 12" version. (photos from recent woodworking show)

Richard

Jon Prouty
12-22-2010, 12:15 PM
That is cool that someone is making these for resale... I contemplated makign my own at one time but decided against it due to the time involved to make it myself. I would rather be turning as my hobby time is short. Price looks right too.

Jon

Kyle Iwamoto
12-22-2010, 1:06 PM
Thanks for the link. For some reason, when I searched, it did not come up.... E-bay also has a person that sells them. I guess that is the going price.