View Full Version : Changing blades on Dewalt 735 (how tight)

Andrew Pitonyak
12-21-2010, 7:02 PM
I purchased a used DW735 planer and the blades were way too dull so I purchased a new set. The manual (that I downloaded) says to tighten the screws sufficiently when I change the blades. The back of the box provides a measure (assuming I have a torq wrench) and the value to use is two question marks (?? in/lbs).

I will, as the documentation states, tighten sufficiently (make it pretty tight), but, does anyone else know differently?

Dan Friedrichs
12-21-2010, 8:16 PM
Just don't get them so tight that you can't get them back out again :)

I usually just tighten until that included hex key starts to twist a little. I've changed blades on mine about 5 times, and have never found a loose one.

paul dyar
12-21-2010, 8:30 PM
I changed mine, and didn't think I tightened them too tight, but when I turned the blades they were very tight, had to take hammer and chisel to get one loose.
Paul

Matt Kestenbaum
12-21-2010, 9:04 PM
Thanks for opening this thread! I am finding that its about time to make my first blade rotation on my DW735.

Don Bullock
12-21-2010, 9:06 PM
The information will be helpful to me as well. Thanks.

Andrew Pitonyak
12-21-2010, 9:31 PM
Thanks.... I was a bit worried. I will change the blades tomorrow I think.

I ordered a DW7350 stand, but, the top portion arrived broken. I will call Dewalt tomorrow. May wait until I have the stand fully assembled with the replacement parts (and maybe not). :-)