PDA

View Full Version : Brown Arrive Today

Scott Coffelt
01-05-2005, 5:59 PM
Well, my order from Uncle Bob arrived today and was unpacked. Let's see what U.B. sent: ATF55, 2 Connector FSVs, second FS1400/2, Deflector FS-AW and FSZ 300 Clamps. Yippee! A nice B-day present from my wife and son. :p

I have the Mini Fein, so I had to work up a connector for the hose. I cut down an adapter and then wedged her in. I then decided to run a band of electrical tape around to make sure it was sealed. Finally, I used a couple of cable ties to ensure the tape does not decided to come loose. Looks like it will work just fine. I may still eventually opt for the CT-Mini, but for now I will use this set-up.

Also in the pics is my other B-day purchase, a Oneway Wolverine Jig and Veri-grind I ordered from Penn State. Now I have to really put some time setting up my sharpening station (pics of that will follow). :rolleyes:

Question, for those who have the Festool rails, what is your favorite method for storing and mobility? I may decided to invest in the travel bag, but do want to see what others have done. Yes, I know there have been past post but hey I am lazy. :o

Jim Becker
01-05-2005, 6:03 PM
Nice. Very nice Birthday, Scott!!

As to the rails...I have the short ones hung on the wall on a screw and keep the 8' in the crate up between the rafters. If you need to transport, the travel bag or something similar would be a good idea to avoid any damage in transit, although it takes up more space in the vehicle.

Terry Hatfield
01-05-2005, 6:06 PM
s,

Well I reckon you cleaned up!! Congrats.

t

Scott Coffelt
01-05-2005, 6:09 PM
I was also thinking of maybe making a box, but then you start messing with weight. For now, they'll sit in the boxes they came in while in the shop. But when I start doing the finish work (many moons from now) on the house they'll need to be transported to and fro. That's where you experts come in.

John Shuk
01-05-2005, 6:12 PM
Nice gloat happy B'day!

Mark Singer
01-05-2005, 6:30 PM
very nice stuff...I use mine and enjoy it

Terry Hatfield
01-05-2005, 6:45 PM
I was also thinking of maybe making a box, but then you start messing with weight. For now, they'll sit in the boxes they came in while in the shop. But when I start doing the finish work (many moons from now) on the house they'll need to be transported to and fro. That's where you experts come in.

s,

You want the experts to carry the tools back and forth for you???? :D ;)

t

Chris Padilla
01-05-2005, 6:58 PM
Scott,

Pick up a couple deflectors. I attached it to one end (only fits on one end) and then it can rest on the defelector against the wall or take advantage of the hole in either end of the guide and hang it up. Frank Pellow made a nice little box to carry his CS and guide rail in. I thought I heard that WalMart sells a gun case that fits the guide rail the CS comes with perfectly...like it was almost made for the guide rail. Being WalMart, I'm sure the price was good....

Jack Diemer
01-05-2005, 7:22 PM
Looks like Bob Marino has assimilated another woodworker. Next thing you know, we will see a new avatar with Scott in a Festool hat and t-shirt.

Ted Shrader
01-05-2005, 7:26 PM
Scott -

You did real well in that haul! Congratulations on your new acquisitions.

Ted

Scott Coffelt
01-05-2005, 9:13 PM
I set up the grinder with the Oneway stuff tonight. Works slicker than snot. I know one thing, a standard grinder ain't gonna cut it. Too aggressive and heats up the tools even with a good quality fine grit wheel. I think that nice 2 speed Delta 8" or Woodcraft unit will have to follow me home sometime soon.

Jack Diemer
01-05-2005, 9:34 PM
Keep spending the money Scott.

You haven't spent this much money on woodworking since you took me to my 1st woodworking show about 5 years ago. Of course that was my money your were spending at the time.

JayStPeter
01-05-2005, 9:46 PM
Nice haul.
I hang my rails in my DC closet.
Also, a $39 Festool hose should hook right up to your Fein and make the connection much easier and nicer (not that your solution isn't 100x better than the hack I was using).

Jay

Norman Hitt
01-06-2005, 6:46 AM

Scott, I see a gun case was already mentioned, but I was thinking about a gun case like a couple I have that are a very tough (but fairly thin material) molded plastic of some kind with a hinged top half, foam rubber filled, and with lockable snap latches and carrying handles. I think you can get these in different lengths, and they would protect the rails extremely well. (They would even survive airline baggage Mishandling without mishap)

Nice haul. Maybe some day......................

Kurt Aebi
01-06-2005, 8:18 AM
Absolutely Great Birthday Present you got there Scott!

40 Ain't so bad, is it!

Kelly C. Hanna
01-06-2005, 8:37 AM
Nice haul Scott!!

Steve Clardy
01-06-2005, 2:28 PM
Nice haul Scott.:)

So. Is this a show and tell item to bring to the next KC wood show breakfast meet?:eek::rolleyes::D:D

John Miliunas
01-06-2005, 7:31 PM
Looks like you hit the motherload, Scott!:D Congrats and enjoy all the new toy....errrrrr toy.....Ah...let's just call is "stuff"!:D :cool: