PDA

View Full Version : PAPR- Trend Airshield pro - filters and peel off protectors- best place to buy 'em?

Jim Underwood
12-21-2010, 4:00 PM
I purchased a Trend Airshield Pro in the last year or so...

I think my filters are getting a bit filled up, and the peel off protector has gotten so much CA glue on it that it's getting hard to see...

Where's the best place to buy these things?:confused:

Roger Chandler
12-21-2010, 4:02 PM
Jim,

That makes two of us who would like to find the answer. I also purchased a T-ASP this past year, and I have CA glue on the peel off. It is not bad yet, but I want to replace it and get a couple filters at a GOOD price!

Scott Lux
12-21-2010, 5:02 PM
Make that three who want to know. Envirosafety (http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/trend-airshield-pro-System.html) seemed to have decent prices, but I don't know if better can be found.

I have a slightly off topic question for other Airshield owners: How do you store it? covered? in a bag? right-side up? I'm thinking of getting a mannequin head to put it on.

Jim Underwood
12-21-2010, 5:08 PM
They normally come with a storage bag I believe. Mine had a hole cut right through it from the get-go. A piece of duct tape fixed that temporarily.

However, I still wanna know what kind of procedure one should use in order to keep the thing clean and uncontaminated...

If you put it on at the beginning of the day and wear it, what's to prevent it getting contaminated once you remove it in a dusty environment?

I have to think that folks are right when they say the only way to contain the fines is to catch it at the source with a good dust collector.

Steve Schlumpf
12-21-2010, 5:42 PM
Not much help with the filters as I always bought from EnviroSafety but do have a suggestion for your faceshield. When I got my Trend a few years back - I also picked up a box of clear page protectors from Walmart or somewhere. They come in all different styles but the cheap ones are crystal clear and basically the same kind of plastic as the original shield protector. Just cut to shape with scissors and use a small strip of double sided tape along each side of the faceshield to secure in place. You'll want to tape it in place so that it is tight across the top or small shavings will get trapped between the shield and protector.

Here's the kind of page protectors I'm talking about: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-Multi-Page-Top-Load-Sheet-Protectors-Heavy-Gauge-Letter-Clear-25-Pack/14915364

Hope that helps or at least gets you to thinking about other ways to protect your faceshield!

Jim Underwood
12-21-2010, 6:20 PM
Great idea Steve! And I just happen to have a whole roll of double stick tape that doesn't work so well for turnings...

Steve Schlumpf
12-21-2010, 6:48 PM
Hope it works for you! When I got my Trend in 2007 - the idea of using the page protectors was floating around on this forum. I do not remember who came up with the idea in order to give credit where due - but figure the idea was put out there for all of us to use and I'm just passing it forward.

Greg Just
12-21-2010, 8:25 PM
I have ordered from Phil Evans at http://www.trendairshield.com/

He is a real nice guy. I only know him as a supplier of Trend Air Products. I like Steve's idea of the page protectors. That's got to be a lot cheaper.

Josh Bowman
12-21-2010, 8:47 PM
Try P&R Distributing LLC. Phil Evans, 877-879-2796

Jim Underwood
01-03-2011, 8:41 AM
Well Phoo!

I went to Walmart to get a pack of these, but got the wrong thing- because I didn't have access to the forum when the decision to go there was made. Whatever you do, make sure you get the product number Steve gave (74171), because the 75306 isn't clear enough to see through... (dang it!)

Bernie Weishapl
01-03-2011, 10:53 AM
I just buy mine from EnviroSafety. There prices seem in line.